Thread: Any experience with blue toner on hennaed hair?

Length
    13/30/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Any experience with blue toner on hennaed hair?

Hey everyone. Long time lurker here, I finally have a dilemma big enough to post about so here it is: I’ve had my hair hennaed for a couple years now (pure henna no cassia or indigo), and been completely in love with it. Recently though, I haven’t been too happy with the color, and want to transition into something more similar to my original hair color. I know henna can’t be removed, but I’d like to at least be able to do something to make the transition smoother, so that there isn’t a strong divide between my hennaed hair and my natural hair. My hair color now isn’t too far off from my natural hair color- just less grey. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with blue toner on hennaed hair. Are there any chemical incompatibilities that I should be worried about? Would it even work with my hair color? I’m attaching a photo of my natural hair color and my hennaed hair.
    Original Hair:

Hennaed Hair:
    Chin ~ Shoulder ~ Armpit ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ Waist! ~ Hip ~ TBL? ~ Classic?

"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it"

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Any experience with blue toner on hennaed hair?

Lovely!I use one of Sally's generic knock offs for toning now and then, and it works. Well, it helps...but I am quite sure it won't hurt your hair or anything.
    Best case scenario; it'll be just what you hoped. Worst case; you've wasted a little time and a small amount of $ to find out!
    It's no Holy Grail for me, but it works well enough that I definitely go back to it whenever I feel my hair is getting unpleasantly brassy.
    Like they say: HEED THE HAIR!

Length
    13/30/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Any experience with blue toner on hennaed hair?

Thanks, that’s just what I needed to hear!! I’ll try to do it as soon as possible