Thread: Ficcare Manufacturers??

Length
    29"/44"/max!
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Ficcare Manufacturers??

Last weekend I ordered a new large Ficcare maximus pearlized enamel clip in honey marble. I only have one other Ficcare clip and I'm impressed with the quality and durability. I thought that Ficcare was made in Italy, but I think I saw something on their web site which I can't seem to find again saying Brazil? Have they sold their factory? Will the clips still be the same high quality? I know of too many other companies that have sold their businesses and the quality went down as a result. I've been searching on line but can't find anything. Does anybody know anything?

Lady Nona, Spinner of the Fate-Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

(Old picture--my length is currently approaching classic and my bangs are armpit length.)

Default Re: Ficcare Manufacturers??

Interesting, from what I remember they were always from Brazil, I don't remember reading they were ever from Italy. I only joined this site maybe 1.5 years ago tho, so I could be wrong!
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

You might have got the idea because of its Italian-sounding name. As far as I know it's an American company. Owners are Asian and factory is in Brazil. I myself don't like the word "Ficcare" at all but I guess it sounds fancier if you can't pronounce it.
    Last edited by sapphire-o; July 30th, 2020 at 06:27 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    You might have got the idea because of its Italian-sounding name. As far as I know it's an American company. Owners are Asian and factory is in Brazil. I myself don't like the word "Ficcare" at all but I guess it sounds fancier if you can't pronounce it.
    Probably.

I always thought they were in Brazil too.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request

The company is originally from Brazil and they were always made in Brazil. "Ficcare" comes from a Portuguese word, "ficar" which means to stay. It's on the FAQ on the website. They've been bought out by Americans though (VisionMax Inc owns them now), so there's no guarantee about the quality compared to years ago.

Length
    29"/44"/max!
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Thank you! I spent quite a bit of time on line trying to figure that out, and had to look up how to pronounce the name, too. I checked their FAQ's but didn't see it there. The new clip should be here by Monday. Fingers crossed that the quality is the same. It was hard to only choose one, but you wouldn't believe my stash of hair toys. (OK, maybe you would. ) Thanks again.
    Last edited by Echileruwen; July 30th, 2020 at 06:51 AM.

(Old picture--my length is currently approaching classic and my bangs are armpit length.)

Type
    1b/F/i

I have more ficcares than I want to admit. I have clips from both the old and new collections. As far as I can tell the quality is the same in the new as in the old. There are some old designs that are no longer produced. That's the main reason I buy old collection clips. Although occasionally I see a bargain on an old clip I simply can't pass up.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    29"/44"/max!
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Nice collection! I'll probably get more once I see how the large works for me. The one I have is a medium. The pictures are several years old. My bangs are now past my shoulders and the rest is between point of hip and classic, so the medium Ficcare is really stretched to hold it. If it fits right, the maximus pearlized enamel in jade will be next.