Thread: What are your experiences with Brazilian conditioners and masks?

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Default What are your experiences with Brazilian conditioners and masks?

I have a feeling that Brazilian hair products have become the Asian beauty for long and/or curly hair, but I must also take into account that YouTube influencers hype up certain brands because they are sponsored. What I find characteristic is that Brazillian brands sell huge conditioner jars of 500 or 1000 mL for affordable prices, but it's possible they have been thickened by additives like cornstarch.

In my country, the webshops sell a wide variety of Novex products, but Mystic Black and Movie Star are the most popular conditioners/masks because they are the only ones that are free of mineral oil/petrolatum. In early 2018, I've tried the mask and leave-in of Novex Mystic Black, but I didn't repurchase them because the leave-in made my ends feel like velcro when applying and the mask didn't had enough slip (probably because it's heavy in shea butter). However, I'm still curious about the Novex lines that contain petrolatum.

Have you ever tried a Brazilian hair conditioner or mask? Do you feel they are more conditioning ("moisturizing") than Western or Afro/Black hair brands?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: What are your experiences with Brazilian conditioners and masks?

I have one mask on hand, that is called "Megagrowth", their anti breakage one, from a brand called "Profectiv". I have yet to try it, but it came really highly recommended to me, since I have so much "poof" all the time. LOL!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Tried a Novex cream and tried to like it but ended up tossing it. The primary ingredients just weren't working for me.

Eta: this was the petrolatum free line. I cannot use products that contain petrolatum in my hair, period.

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I have the Novex Black Mystic mask and the Novex My Curls Movie Star mask in my stash. I like the Black Mystic one, not mind blowing but nice. I love the My Curls Movie Star maak since it is a protein mask that doesn’t dry my hair.
    And yes, cornstarch. No idea what it does though on my hair. I don’t notice anything different.

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Tried a Novex cream and tried to like it but ended up tossing it. The primary ingredients just weren't working for me.
    Do you recall whether it was a black and green bottle/jar?

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Fimu View Post
    Do you recall whether it was a black and green bottle/jar?
    No, it was white and pink I want to say. I'll go back in my order history and get the exact product in a bit.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Novex isn't a good brand. I recommend to try Lola Cosmetics.