Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello and stuff about me

Default Hello and stuff about me

Hair: I have had either a short haircut or a shaved head for the last 6 years, you name the style I have probably had it cut that way. I had an excellent barber! My hair has been every color you can think of, my favorite color was purple though, until I started getting hives from the dye (I have psoriasis and super sensitive skin).

I started going to my barber less and less (even before the pandemic) because I started thinking about growing my hair back again. I wasn't sure I wanted to because my hair is mostly white with some salt and pepper mixed in and honestly I don't like the white hair on me. I am planning to start using henna again as that never gave me hives. My hair is officially 2 mm long, the last head shave was a week ago. From this point on there will be no shaving just watching the progress, also I was thinking my first official goal length is going to be mullet.

Home: I have 2 kids, my daughter is 22 years old and my son is 10 years old, it's just the 3 of us for now and I so love my life and my little family.

Work: I work for a large hospital, I am first line into the hospital and it has been very stressful lately with coronavirus raging and killing people. I find solace in the fact that at some point in the day one of the patients that call in will say something hilarious on an offhand subject and make me belly laugh which is the positives that I look forward to every day in this grim time.

That's me!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hello and stuff about me

For sure join the "shorties" thread on here. Plenty of support to grow longer, and a great way to start posting!

Welcome!

And thank you for all the work that you do!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???

Welcome! Can’t wait to see your growth!

And thank you for your work during this time. You have a great attitude! My daughter works in a hospital (military) as well. ❤️

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy--nice to meet you! I hope this forum is able to give you both good advice and a welcome distraction from a stressful job <3

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    For sure join the "shorties" thread on here. Plenty of support to grow longer, and a great way to start posting!

Welcome!

And thank you for all the work that you do!
    Thanks! I will definitely check out that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Welcome!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Vacurlylady View Post
    Welcome! Can’t wait to see your growth!

And thank you for your work during this time. You have a great attitude! My daughter works in a hospital (military) as well. ❤️
    Thank you so much! Yes, I'm looking forward to growing out my hair again! Tell your daughter I said thanks as well, we are all in this together!

Quote Originally Posted by Garnetgem View Post
    Hello welcome!
    Hi! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Howdy--nice to meet you! I hope this forum is able to give you both good advice and a welcome distraction from a stressful job <3
    Yes! I will really need this forum to have patience with my hair and it will definitely be a welcome distraction.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    0"/3"/20"
    Type
    2b/C/i/ii

Hey, welcome! You sound like you are around the same hair stage as me, and I have definately been there in the buzz cut and dye department! The hardest thing is not reaching for the clippers...

Welcome to the forums! Your story sounds kind of similar to mine. You are starting from the same point I did a year and a half ago

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic