View Poll Results: Did you fall prey to quarantine hair change temptation?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • I cut bangs and I love them!

7 3.91%
  • I cut bangs and I hate them and growing them out!

7 3.91%
  • I chopped off a lot of hair and I love it!

6 3.35%
  • I chopped off a lot of hair and I cry myself to sleep at night!

12 6.70%
  • I dyed my hair and it turned out okay!

14 7.82%
  • I dyed my hair and did irreparable damage to both it and my heart!

8 4.47%
  • I did something else to my hair and will tell y'all in the comments!

27 15.08%
  • I did nothing I don't take out my stresses and worries on my hair, oh my goodness are you guys okay?

119 66.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you fall prey to the quarantine hair change?

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Did you fall prey to the quarantine hair change?

I've actually used this time to be kinder to my hair, lots of deep conditioning treatments and heavy oiling which is a big change to how I've treated it in the past. I've also given up heat, the last time I heat styled was the weekend before quarantine started here (early March). It's kind of cool knowing that my new growth is totally virgin with no heat, sulfates, silicones etc.!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    10/23+/fun

ha ha....while it isn't what I think anyone else has said(at least on the latest page), I can truly say the 'quarantine' has affected my hair growth.

What that means, is that I decided to grow my hair out and started not cutting(typical guy cuts ever 6 weeks or so) right before the pandemic, but the lack of all the people at work, the change in everyone's routines, and especially, the feeling or understanding that nothing is at it was....and/or who gives a c-rap what we look like in semi-isolation has actually made it easier to say - I don't care...I want to grow my hair back as long as I can, and I am doing that.

Two things come to mind: 1) this awful initial grow out phase would likely have been so much more...umm...awkward if I had to deal with all my coworkers or other normal interactions daily....mostly just use a bandanna as a headband these days until it gets long enought(hopefully by the new year) to actually get it all in a ponytail.

2)since noone really cares, again, I don't have to use product or hide it away in this phase. and probably more importantly, it is something I can do for myself to keep my brain or whatever, occupied with a 100% positive(at least in my mind) activity. It is what I want, and interacting with much fewer numbers of people make it less likely (again, at least in my mind) that I will run into many people I know that could possibly disapprove. win win situation, eh???

(as a bonus) since it is semi-apparent I am not a typical short haired business haircut dude any more...it makes it easier to talk to others that have nicely kept long hair and ask them about routines, products, styles, whatever, without feeling as awkward. Seems long hairs are at least somewhat more open and talkative to other long hairs, right???

not that it is all gravy, but am trying to find a silver lining in what we go through daily these days.

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    3a/C/ii

The only thing I did was experiment with henna/cassia instead of henna/indigo. It will be easy to slap henna/indigo over my roots if I change my mind

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Nah.

If anything,... it just provided me more of a malevolent time to neglect it in a benign way.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I had already started bleaching my hair, but quarantine brought an escalation of bleaching
    It turned out ok, in my book. No regrets.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I'm certainly THINKING about a chop back to classic or TB, especially after this most recent shed - my typical Fall shed and it was pretty bad for a week. I am back above knee now and the last foot is pretty thin. I would like to wear my hair down again and I just can't at this length. But I'm not going out into the world at all right now and have it up every day, as usual, so why chop now?

So I think I'll just continue in this holding pattern and revisit the issue in the Spring when I'll have a blast of new growth.

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

I buzzed my hair in May. To be fair, my hair was fried once again by bleach and I wasn’t feeling myself anymore. I should’ve just grown it out and micro trimmed but I CRAVED change. Now I have a long pixie cut that is verging on a mullet but I’m not going to trim it for a LOOOOOOOONG time. Beanie hats here I come! Anyone know how to sew silk into a beanie?
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gustavonut View Post
    I buzzed my hair in May. To be fair, my hair was fried once again by bleach and I wasn’t feeling myself anymore. I should’ve just grown it out and micro trimmed but I CRAVED change. Now I have a long pixie cut that is verging on a mullet but I’m not going to trim it for a LOOOOOOOONG time. Beanie hats here I come! Anyone know how to sew silk into a beanie?
    I wish I did! I’ve been crushing on a hood/long beanie combo from Etsy that would be perfect if I could install a long silk sleeve into it.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Type
    1c/M/ii

I cut off about a foot - I have been wearing it down a lot more often and I rolled over it with my office chair twice before I decided a cut was long overdue. It had been a year and a half since my last cut and it's still mid-thigh, so I'm not sure it counts as a major cut, but it was definitely uniquely prompted by working from home!

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sipnsun View Post
    I've actually used this time to be kinder to my hair, lots of deep conditioning treatments and heavy oiling which is a big change to how I've treated it in the past. I've also given up heat, the last time I heat styled was the weekend before quarantine started here (early March). It's kind of cool knowing that my new growth is totally virgin with no heat, sulfates, silicones etc.!
    I am finding this inspiring! I haven't done anything to my hair but I SHOULD be doing something good. I cant really remember the last time I did a deep conditioning.
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!