View Poll Results: Did you fall prey to quarantine hair change temptation?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • I cut bangs and I love them!

3 2.97%
  • I cut bangs and I hate them and growing them out!

2 1.98%
  • I chopped off a lot of hair and I love it!

6 5.94%
  • I chopped off a lot of hair and I cry myself to sleep at night!

4 3.96%
  • I dyed my hair and it turned out okay!

7 6.93%
  • I dyed my hair and did irreparable damage to both it and my heart!

2 1.98%
  • I did something else to my hair and will tell y'all in the comments!

16 15.84%
  • I did nothing I don't take out my stresses and worries on my hair, oh my goodness are you guys okay?

66 65.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Did you fall prey to the quarantine hair change?

Length
    12/17.5/55
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Did you fall prey to the quarantine hair change?

I'd like to say yes but really even without quarantine I do stupid things to my hair

Length
    24/35/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'd like to say yes but really even without quarantine I do stupid things to my hair
    Not sure I would say you do stupid things Bat. I get the feeling that you are a very impulsive person. An idea comes along, you decide you like the sound of it, and that idea then has you in its grip. It’s difficult to overcome that, but I can see how much you are working to achieve mastery over it. So yes, you do impulsive things to your hair: lockdown might have made it harder to push through those ideas: fewer fun distractions to help, but you are making good progress in overcoming it. Each impulse you successfully overcome makes it a tiny bit easier to prevail the next time. Well done.

ETA: I did consider henna, but the fact is, while I enjoy the red I do have and would like it to come out more, I don’t know that
    I have the staying power to do the constant touch ups...
    Last edited by squirrrel; August 26th, 2020 at 12:47 AM.

Length
    12/17.5/55
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by squirrrel View Post
    Not sure I would say you do stupid things Bat. I get the feeling that you are a very impulsive person. An idea comes along, you decide you like the sound of it, and that idea then has you in its grip. It’s difficult to overcome that, but I can see how much you are working to achieve mastery over it. So yes, you do impulsive things to your hair: lockdown might have made it harder to push through those ideas: fewer fun distractions to help, but you are making good progress in overcoming it. Each impulse you successfully overcome makes it a tiny bit easier to prevail the next time. Well done.

ETA: I did consider henna, but the fact is, while I enjoy the red I do have and would like it to come out more, I don’t know that
    I have the staying power to do the constant touch ups...
    Thank you for the encouragement! I'll do my best to resist C:

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I decided to quit the occasional salon highlights and use sun-in I have a lot more greys (white strands) so I actually like how it looks! It's not as damaging to my hair as the salon highlights (speaking from past experience).

Length
    20/24/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Iíd already been about 4 months without a trim when quarantine hit and found LHC while looking for ways to contain the new length. Now thanks to everyoneís Ďbadí influence here Iím doing buns and seriously considering growing it to waist.

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I got bored while watching a webinar and did my first mini self-trim. But I'm happy with it and am considering maintaining now to gain some thickness.

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Donít be afraid; you are worth more... Luke 12:7

Length
    Buzz/APL/BSL
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

I used quarantine as a time to experiment with ways to make my hair happier. Seeing it get a lot longer and curlier has been the radical change to scratch the quarantine itch for me

As soon as the hairsalons reopened I made an appointment.. too afraid they might close again and stay closed for too long.

Length
    SL/waist/waist
    Type
    1c/C/iii

On second thought.....yes,yes I did. I was trying to do my haircut and it didn't go well...the piece that goes over my shoulder in my U hemline is 3 inches shorter than the rest of my length
    Lady Undine of the shimmering shores, in Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    16"/21"/Thigh
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Sigh.... I totally regret my COVID cut. I'm a Nurse, and in March I was freaking out about trying to deal with my hair (it was at almost waist length) and managing to stay clean/ not bring COVID home from work. I imagined I wold be working with COVID patients and need to shower and wash my hair after every shift, and I couldn't fathom that so I cut it. I cut it myself, in the bathroom mirror, into a short layered Meg Ryan style cut. As it turns out in my small town I have been fortunate enough to not have any outbreaks, so my job has more or less stayed the same. Plus we now know that COVID doesn't live long on porous surfaces anyway (like hair and paper). Also there are scrub caps I could use to cover my hair...... why didn't I think of that?? Lol. I've now realized I have a tendency to do this with any big changes in my life, or emotional upset. I always regret it! Luckily my hair grows pretty fast and I can *almost* get it into a pony tail, thank god. I have now committed to be like the most of you and not take my emotions/ feelings out on my hair anymore!!!