View Poll Results: Did you fall prey to quarantine hair change temptation?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • I cut bangs and I love them!

7 3.91%
  • I cut bangs and I hate them and growing them out!

7 3.91%
  • I chopped off a lot of hair and I love it!

6 3.35%
  • I chopped off a lot of hair and I cry myself to sleep at night!

12 6.70%
  • I dyed my hair and it turned out okay!

14 7.82%
  • I dyed my hair and did irreparable damage to both it and my heart!

8 4.47%
  • I did something else to my hair and will tell y'all in the comments!

27 15.08%
  • I did nothing I don't take out my stresses and worries on my hair, oh my goodness are you guys okay?

119 66.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you fall prey to the quarantine hair change?

Length
    Pixie/Chin/WL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Did you fall prey to the quarantine hair change?

I got my hair cut right before quarantine, quickly realized that I wasn't going to be able to maintain it myself after I buzzed the back too short and cut the bangs too short on two separate occasions, and subsequently decided to grow it long for the first time in years. A much slower quarantine hair change to be sure, but I think it counts.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

You know what? now that I think about it I did decide to go sulfate/silicone free and try curly/wavy styling methods purely out of boredom and curiosity so actually I guess I did. I'm happy with my changes all around.

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I turned my faded pink ends purple because I finally had the time and the helpers around. I was planning on either cutting off my ends or redyeing them before all this happened. I am very happy with how the purple turned out and might even bother with trying to keep the color when it starts to fade.
    Princess Cerise of the Blushing Hues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I decided to stop dyeing my hair, let the roots grow out and get the lengths colour matched when restrictions on salons were lifted. So glad that I finally got the courage to walk around with very weird roots. The bright copper + ashy roots was an interesting phase. So I both dyed it and stopped dyeing

Quarantine probably convinced me even more that I went to grow out my hair as well.
    CL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - ??
    2 years dye-free!

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I cut off 7 inches and found a new love for my ends! I've also been washing less, about once a week now. Since my interactions with colleagues have been through video and I don't have a very good camera, I don't care if my scalp looks a bit iffy.

Length
    1/2/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

I buzzed my hair off before quarantine because it had so much shedding and breakage it was really depressing me. In quarantine I've started growing it and taking care of it again so I hope I won't feel the need to get rid of it again any time soon!

Oxalis, I wear wigs too! I originally did to cover hair loss but now I like them for changing up my style or for more dressy occassions. I basically use them as an accessory. I feel like when I wear them out instead of styling my hair my hair does a lot better.

I did order a few toppers recently because I can't handle the ear tabs on the wigs competing with glasses and a mask. But at home I just let my hair be free.

Here in AZ we opened back up just to close back down again. I was already an introvert but I admit I miss just going out to lunch and shopping with my bestie and my son. It's the little things. I'm just glad I visited my mom in Louisiana back in January because it will be a while before either of us can travel again. Dad lives in the UK so I don't even want to think about how long that will be. Anyway, sorry for the OT! Hair is the least of my worries but it's also a nice distraction!

Length
    BSL/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I had to cut a whole chunk of my hair because I was so depressed I didn't have the energy to brush my hair (now it takes a long time to do it). The knots were so horrible that I had to cut a big chunk... The mess is pretty noticeable when I separate my hair in pigtail braids, otherwise you don't see it. Anyway, I hate it. I have to wait until that hair grows back again, and I'm thinking about that lost thickness... Oof
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB* Classic* Thigh*!!

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Hair dressers are open here in The Netherlands so after our quarantine kinda ended I chopped off 5 cm. I was two months overdue on my regular trim, so it was a bit more than I hoped but I'm hemline over length anyway so it's fine. I'm happier with my ends now, they're thicker and not split

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I was one of those who were really thankful that I don’t rely on anyone to do anything with my hair. It was quite entertaining watching all the people trying to hide what their hair looked like on videos or conference calls. My hair is no longer coloured but even when it was it was done by myself. It’s good to feel self reliant .

One thing that did happen though is that one day while driving my hair I was chewing gum and opened up my window to through if out while travelling down the freeway only to discover it didn’t quite make it out the window. The gun was stuck in my hair. In fact my hair was stuck to my car seat. Once I freed myself I had no scissors to cut it out so had to rip out a chunk of hair. It was hair right at the front which was sparse to begin with so now I have an idea that’s missing hair. It annoys me. I was being so extra careful with the front of my hair knowing that it rarely keeps up with the rest of the growth but no sense crying about it.
    I cut off an inch lately just because it needed it. I prefer blunt ends . My bangs, which I love, I cut myself about once a month. They look fine.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mariekeeee14 View Post
    Hair dressers are open here in The Netherlands so after our quarantine kinda ended I chopped off 5 cm. I was two months overdue on my regular trim, so it was a bit more than I hoped but I'm hemline over length anyway so it's fine. I'm happier with my ends now, they're thicker and not split
    That’s a nice healthy trim. Your hair looks gorgeous and your blunt ends look fabulous. What a lovely colour you have.