Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Hair Cat-Calls, Mansplaining Women 101 for Women Who are New to Being Women: Par

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Users of Long Hair Community based on sex

Quote Originally Posted by Male Ponytail View Post
    Well is there a break down then of male, female and unspecified?
    I'm finding this question to be a little inappropriate and uncomfortable.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yeah i dont really see why it matters. And I'm one of those that would throw off the stats, given I identify outside the binary but also default to female in situations where people don't understand that and/or don't need to know.
    Just trying to get by

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    I would be curious as to why you feel that way? How is this controversial? I just don't see it. Explain to me please so I can understand where you are coming from. Thanks.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    Seconded.

I get that OP is asking out of academic interest (hopefully), but the vibe of this thread is making me a little uncomfortable as well.

I feel like there's probably a way for an admin to filter user data based on gender, but I don't feel it's necessarily appropriate to do so or to make this data accessible to just anyone.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Using just member accessible data (advance searching the member list) there have been less than 30 members who have public gender data identifying as male who have posted in 2020, compared to under 900 identified as female. So, there are your rough stats, but I wouldn't put too much weight on them since no one is required to post that info publicly.

Male Ponytale, if you are looking for men for hair advice and inspiration, check out this thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=110732

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Male Ponytail View Post
    I would be curious as to why you feel that way? How is this controversial? I just don't see it. Explain to me please so I can understand where you are coming from. Thanks.
    To be quite frank, guys like you who come in and ask about our demographics and about long hair dating right out the gate raise some red flags for me. We come here to be safe from people who are ill intentioned, and people with bad intentions often ask the same questions you ask. We're not here to be ogled.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

ignoring people who try to help isn't cool either, I've tried to help several times and not once was it acknowledged and I agree with the others it is an inappropriate question to ask , I'm Trans(thought i identify as male) so it isn't strictly male vs female there's others in between
    Shoulder+ by my 40th (May 2025)
    Buzz>>>Pixie>>>Chin>>>Shoulder
    Living The Split Dye Life

Yeah, I also see how the title of this thread has been written in a way that may make people feel uncomfortable.
    I see how men can feel a little "alone" in these forums but hair is pretty much the same regardless of your sex. So, I'm not sure about the necessity to ask such a question?
    But I'm curious about something similar and have been thinking for a while if it would be appropriate for the forums. It's about gender expression and long hair, I'm curious how gender expression affects other LHC users in how they style it or their length goals. I've seen other posts about similar topics like feminity but that's not exactly what I'm thinking about.
    I'm a bit hijacking this post but I wanted to know if people here would find a question about gender expression inappropriate.

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    Yeah, I also see how the title of this thread has been written in a way that may make people feel uncomfortable.
    I see how men can feel a little "alone" in these forums but hair is pretty much the same regardless of your sex. So, I'm not sure about the necessity to ask such a question?
    But I'm curious about something similar and have been thinking for a while if it would be appropriate for the forums. It's about gender expression and long hair, I'm curious how gender expression affects other LHC users in how they style it or their length goals. I've seen other posts about similar topics like feminity but that's not exactly what I'm thinking about.
    I'm a bit hijacking this post but I wanted to know if people here would find a question about gender expression inappropriate.
    I don't think personally I would have an issue with that. I do however also feel a little taken aback, let's call it, by the forward question of the OP.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

According to a poll I saw a few years ago 10% of the people here are male. All my male family members have gorgeous long hair.