Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Double posting bug

  1. #1
    Member Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Ass-crack of Hell
    Age
    35
    Posts
    524
    Length
    Buzz/Chin/Floor

    Default Double posting bug

    The last two days I've noticed a double posting bug, I THINK it is just for mobile users but it's starting to get annoying
    🦇 Bald to Floor Plus🦇
    Next Goal: Buzz
    Freshly (part) Bald July 5th

  2. #2
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    55,111
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Double posting bug

    Bat, Just FYI. We're kind of used to it. It happens from time to time.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  3. #3
    Airsick Lowlander -Fern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Night Vale
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,285
    Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Double posting bug

    You'll probably need to share your OS (iPhone/Android/etc) and browser (Chrome/Opera/etc). It's also worth noting that you can switch to full-site view on a phone. I was about to chip in that I haven't had any double posting issues but forgot I never use the mobile site.
    Onwards.

    26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

  4. #4
    Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    3,759
    Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

    Default Re: Double posting bug

    I find it usually happens to me when I hit "post" and it seems like nothing happens so I hit post again. Then they *both* post.
    What I've started doing to prevent this is, if I hit "post" and nothing happens, I copy my post and navigate away from the page. Usually when I come back to the page, my post is there. And if not, I've got my post copied so I can try again.
    (This is on Chrome on my android phone. I usually use the desktop version so I can view posts made by users on my ignore list. FOMO I guess.)
    Finally made a signature!
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

  5. #5
    Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Posts
    9,443
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: Double posting bug

    The vast majority of my double posts are user error, as Amaryllis described. When something doesn’t post immediately I open “what’s new” in a new tab (or refresh it in the existing separate tab) to see if my post went through or if I didn’t actually click (track pad/touch screen, that happens often enough too).

    We haven’t had any serious multipost gremlins for a while. Suddenly the forums are Full of double or triple postings!

    55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

  6. #6
    Silverado EdG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    7,758
    Type
    2a/C/iii

    Default Re: Double posting bug

    Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    The vast majority of my double posts are user error, as Amaryllis described. When something doesn’t post immediately I open “what’s new” in a new tab (or refresh it in the existing separate tab) to see if my post went through or if I didn’t actually click (track pad/touch screen, that happens often enough too).

    We haven’t had any serious multipost gremlins for a while. Suddenly the forums are Full of double or triple postings!
    The board has a bug whereby a new post does not show up in a thread until a subsequent post is made to the same thread. I have seen this happen in the Vegans/Vegetarians thread. I can tell the board's database is inconsistent because the post shows up under "What's New" but cannot be viewed. The bug can cause users to double-post because it appears that their post did not go through.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

  7. #7
    Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    3,759
    Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

    Default Re: Double posting bug

    Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    The board has a bug whereby a new post does not show up in a thread until a subsequent post is made to the same thread. I have seen this happen in the Vegans/Vegetarians thread. I can tell the board's database is inconsistent because the post shows up under "What's New" but cannot be viewed. The bug can cause users to double-post because it appears that their post did not go through.
    Ed
    This happened to me recently on the book club thread! I could see Neko had posted but I couldn't see what she said! I hate that bug.
    Finally made a signature!
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

  8. #8
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,560
    Length
    ??/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Double posting bug

    Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    I find it usually happens to me when I hit "post" and it seems like nothing happens so I hit post again. Then they *both* post.
    What I've started doing to prevent this is, if I hit "post" and nothing happens, I copy my post and navigate away from the page. Usually when I come back to the page, my post is there. And if not, I've got my post copied so I can try again.
    (This is on Chrome on my android phone. I usually use the desktop version so I can view posts made by users on my ignore list. FOMO I guess.)
    We so need a 'Like' button - this is exactly what I do but I'd never have been able to explain it so clearly

    Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    The board has a bug whereby a new post does not show up in a thread until a subsequent post is made to the same thread. I have seen this happen in the Vegans/Vegetarians thread. I can tell the board's database is inconsistent because the post shows up under "What's New" but cannot be viewed. The bug can cause users to double-post because it appears that their post did not go through.
    Ed
    Yes, that's a very common glitch. I assumed most people were aware of it but perhaps not. The post also shows as 'latest post' in the thread, wherever one views an index (on the subforum or from subscriptions or anywhere) so it's clearly submitted, just doesn't actually appear. It is annoying in threads with more in-depth discussion when it's easy to miss the reply that initially didn't show up.
    Growing back to definite-calf length with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

  9. #9
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    55,111
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Double posting bug

    Yes that's what I have started doing as well, often there's a bit of a delay, and I refrain myself from clicking again, copy what I wrote, go back, refresh, and see if it's there or not.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  10. #10
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,560
    Length
    ??/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Double posting bug

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Yes that's what I have started doing as well, often there's a bit of a delay, and I refrain myself from clicking again, copy what I wrote, go back, refresh, and see if it's there or not.
    The other option is to try posting again very soon after it appears not to submit, and you'll get a notice saying it's exactly the same as a post you've just submitted and you need to wait 30 seconds to be allowed to post again then you know it definitely went!
    Growing back to definite-calf length with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •