Thread: A wooden Tangle Teezer ?

Length
    13/13/20
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default A wooden Tangle Teezer ?

I love my Tangle Teezer. It's perfect to detangle my tresses, but it's plastic. As I read here that this material is not the best to treat hair, I hope a wooden version of this best seller exists.

I searched, a lot. But I never found anything looking like such a thing. Did a member found a wooden Tangle Teezer or a similar device (with the teeth at different heights to help detangle hair) ?

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: A wooden Tangle Teezer ?

Aren't the plastic teeth flexible and supposedly gentler because of that? A wooden comb is not flexible.

I have a wooden wide tooth comb with a double row of teeth but it is not my first comb, I begin with one which has teeth much further apart.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

As Firefox says, the benefits of the TT are the flexible teeth of different lengths which conform over tangles.

I’ve a horn comb with very wide apart teeth that I like to use before my TT. Also I prefer the TT version with a handle, much easier to handle haha. I know some say plastic makes their hair static-y, but it doesn’t with mine.

Length
    13/13/20
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Oh, it does make sense now ^^' I always thought that the detangling came from the 2 lengths of the teeth.

I'm used to first treat the knots by finger combing, and I use the TT after

Someone once suggested a brush with bamboo pins to me when I complained that I have to finger-detangle my hair because combing will snap the hairs. But I bought a cheap one once and can't say it's any gentler (at least not for me).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Someone once suggested a brush with bamboo pins to me when I complained that I have to finger-detangle my hair because combing will snap the hairs. But I bought a cheap one once and can't say it's any gentler (at least not for me).
    I had a bamboo one with little bobbles on the ends to ‘massage the scalp’. Indeed it did feel nice on the scalp but the bobbles encouraged my hair length to get caught around them, not good! It’s been relegated to a dog brush, and they seem to like it.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HeidiB View Post
    Oh, it does make sense now ^^' I always thought that the detangling came from the 2 lengths of the teeth.

I'm used to first treat the knots by finger combing, and I use the TT after
    Be careful *how* you finger detangle, because if you are raking your fingers through that is often rougher than even a simple wide tooth comb or even brushing. I also finger detangle, but I "separate" the strands (in 2 and then each section in 3) and glide my hands over to get sheds out.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)