View Poll Results: How long would you grow your hair if you could only wear it down?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pixie

6 6.98%
  • Chin length

3 3.49%
  • Shoulder length

7 8.14%
  • Armpit length

2 2.33%
  • Bra strap length

7 8.14%
  • Waist length

17 19.77%
  • Hip length

17 19.77%
  • Tailbone length

10 11.63%
  • Classic length or longer

11 12.79%
  • cheese

6 6.98%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How long would you grow your hair if you could only wear it down?

Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How long would you grow your hair if you could only wear it down?

No shorter than mid back and probably not longer than waist. If it's shorter it would annoy my face too much and I would get super hot . Any longer than waist it seems to tangle like crazy. I had short boy hair when I was little, and I am never doing that again.
    Lady Hlin protector and Goddess of the North,
    wearer of the linen hair in The Order of The Long Haired Knights.

Would pinning the fringe hairs back without a fringe allowed? That's my main issue when my hair grows, I hate that hair over my eyes.
    If so, I guess TBL. I suppose anything longer would be a bit bothersome if I kept sitting on it.

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Finding Best Hair Length! LadyLongLocks's Avatar
    Length
    36"/72"/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

TAILBONE LENGTH...I have had every length now from chin to 15" past floor. At tailbone I could wear it down, I can reach the comb/brush to the ends, braid so much easier without the bottom tangling, and most of all not sit on it!!!! I will go back to this length on my REVERSE JOURNEY! First knee though...I am at floor now.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

If I couldn't even tie it back for exercise? Pixie. I've never had it that short but I once had a bob and absolutely HATED it for karate because it kept getting in my face, and by shoulder length it's so insulating on the back of my neck I feel sick.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    bsl/class/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

My hair's creeping past classic now and while I wear it bunned 100% of the time normally I don't find my hair that annoying when worn down because the length keeps it mostly behind my back so in theory, I wouldn't mind having any length up to ankle length worn down.

But when it was shorter e.g. a shoulder-length layered cut and couldn't be tied back at all it was horrible, in my mouth and eyes all the time I couldn't go back to that.

For those answering pixie because of exercise. How short would the pixie be? One of the things I love about long hair is that you can put it up and out of the way. When I'd had my hair short it has been one of the worst feelings when exercising, my head gets completely wet and hair that's longer than 2cm sticks to the skin everywhere. So I'm curious about others opinion in that matter

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

That is for sure: Tailbone length or better Classic length.
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Down? All the time. About shoulder/collarbone. Enough that it wouldn't bother me. I don't get how some people can wear hair longer than that out. I don't. Even the slightest, can't keep it behind my shoulder issue gets to me.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

No longer than Waist/Hip. It would start getting annoying to sit on it all the time

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

What constitutes "up"? Would a looped low pony or braid be considered "up"? I'd imagine hip-tailbone length would be still somewhat doable with a braid. If you mean entirely loose, I'd really struggle as my hair loves to spiderweb across my face with the slightest wind.