Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite "Bad Hair Day" Hair-do?

Default Re: Favorite "Bad Hair Day" Hair-do?

Quote Originally Posted by unheardletters View Post
    For me a bad hair day means I cannot wear my hair up because my head just hurts so much (I get frequent migraines and occipital neuralgia). On those days, I do a very low ponytail and a halfup - the halfup is because my front layers don’t reach a low ponytail yet.
    Oh goodness, you have my sympathy

I also get frequent migraines and they are a struggle on their own. I had neuralgia for a few months after I fainted and hit my head. I can’t remember what the full name was but the pain was over the right side of my scalp, as though someone had drawn a line down the middle, and the pain didn’t cross over. Neuralgia is just horrendous. I couldn’t wear my hair up, and even wearing it down didn’t help because it hurt from the slightest movement in the breeze.

On those kind of bad hair days I would wear a scarf to try and keep wind and sun off my scalp and to keep my hair as still as possible!

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Ponytail But I don't think it would work as well for a very long hair. Recently I started getting into buns.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Without sounding smug I don’t really have bad hair days, since I stopped using shampoo it’s sort of the same all the time. On wash day I’ll wear it up in bun or plaited because I’ve massaged and brushed it to then let the sebum do its magic. Sometimes on that day I’ll oil the length but not always.

Length
    SL/FTL/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

For days where my hair is just annoying I really like to wrap pigtails into a crown braid and pin it. The pins hold the weight around my head so my scalp doesn't get sore, and the braids keep my slippery hair in a style at least. It's one of my favorite styles anyways but it really helps on bad hair days.

SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ FTL ~ KL

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Dutch braids. They hide everything :P
    - I will cut my hair once I am defeated in battle -
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    My bad hair days usually consist of visible dandruff
    Same. I do a simple braided cinnabun and try to make sure no dandruff can be seen. Thankfully, this is one of my favorite styles and is consistently comfortable and stable.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

I consider it a bad hair day when my Houdini bun slides around and down soon after styling. I then dampen from root to tip and while twisting tightly throughout, form a Neoma knot or sometimes a double spidermom's, then use my heftiest 5-prong fork. Sometimes I add also a couple of heavy-duty crinkly chignon pins. When even that isn't enough, I cram it into an ugly topknot and pin a cap on. I use actual hat pins, long and sturdy.

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

A french twist or a lazy wrap bun are my go-to styles if it won't stay put, both of which I learned to do on LHC!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

To me bad hair day when it's frizzy and without a shape. Not only in the lengths, but on the roots too. This means that it look ugly down, but also in bun because the frizz is very visibile on my hair in that way. What I usually do is a tidy english braid, often I add some hair cream or oil too to make it smooter (at least, I try).

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    Satin-lined beanie sure does the trick
    Finally long enough now that I can put it up in a ponytail, not all the hair fits but most of it does, and that's really helpful for my greasy days.
    Just trying to get by