Thread: Sulfur oil mix.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Sulfur oil mix.

I came across some videos about a DIY sulfur oil mix that is suppose to help hair grow faster.
    Basically mixing oil/oils of choice with sublimed sulfur powder to no more then 10percent sulfur by weight.
    Using a color applicator bottle to make scalp/roots only application easiest. It will need to be shaken because the sulfur does settle to the bottom.
    I know that msm sulfur taken internaly is suppose to lengthen the growth phase of the hair, allowing the hair to grow longer.
    After further investigation, I discovered there are similar products you can buy online for your hair,

I don't know if anyone remembers/has tried MTG. A product for horses that women attempting to grow there hair started using. Its a clear ish oily substance with sulfur at the bottom. After shaken to mix its applied to horses main and tail and then bagged for an amount of time to help grow the horses main and helps with blanket rubs. Many women reported hair growth using this on there own scalps.
    Sulfur 8 is also available at most drugstores.
    I have also heard of women apply minced onion or onion juice which is a source of sulfur to the scalp.

I think I may try the DIY method just for experimental purposes.

Has anyone tried this.

Length
    13.5/18.25/24
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Sulfur oil mix.

Interesting! I don't have experience with this, but I've read the threads too. I'm curious about eating foods with high sulfur content, and also very interested in oils to help me have thicker hair and grow faster. I'll be following to see what others say. Looking forward to hearing how this goes for you, BleachedBerry!
    last bleach: 05/04/18 • last haircut: 12/15/19 • last color: 04/11/20
    chin • neck • shoulder • collarbone • armpit • bra strap? • mid-back? • waist?

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I used to use sulfur oil blends and may revisit them. Search Sulfur in titles and you'll find some threads. HERE is one...

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I ordered some sulfur powder, just came in.
    The only oil I have on hand is coconut.
    I will let you know what happens

Does it smell like sulfur?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

yes but not terrible, I mixed with coconut oil.

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BleachedBerry View Post
    I came across some videos about a DIY sulfur oil mix that is suppose to help hair grow faster.
    Basically mixing oil/oils of choice with sublimed sulfur powder to no more then 10percent sulfur by weight.
    Using a color applicator bottle to make scalp/roots only application easiest. It will need to be shaken because the sulfur does settle to the bottom.
    I know that msm sulfur taken internaly is suppose to lengthen the growth phase of the hair, allowing the hair to grow longer.
    After further investigation, I discovered there are similar products you can buy online for your hair,
    Interesting that sulfur seems to be both applied topically (oil) and taken internally (msm)

Crushed onions (or cut) contain sulfur too, and I think there's an old Indian home remedy (maybe it's ayurveda?) with onion and/or garlic infused oil for hair growth
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Length
    13.5/18.25/24
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BleachedBerry View Post
    yes but not terrible, I mixed with coconut oil.
    Did you use it yet, BleachedBerry? Any immediate observations? Looking forward to hearing how this goes for you.
    last bleach: 05/04/18 • last haircut: 12/15/19 • last color: 04/11/20
    chin • neck • shoulder • collarbone • armpit • bra strap? • mid-back? • waist?

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I have been using it nightly and co washing in the morning or just leaving on if I have no where to go.
    I've been wearing up everyday so I don't know if its doing anything yet.
    The smell is definitely noticeable but tolerable in my opinion. My husband who is extremely sensitive to smell, has not said anything yet.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I have been using CB SMOOTHE Wild Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Ricinus communis (Castor) Oil, Glycine max (Soy) Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Seed Oil, Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Oil, Olea europaea (Olive) Oil, Triticum vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Oil, Zinc, Sulfur, Capsicum Frutescens, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Biotin, Niacin. But you have truly motivated me to make a DIY treatment, BleachedBerry. My favorite thing about the CB is the cooling of the peppermint. I have an Amazon cart with Jamaican Black Castor Oil, peppermint & rosemary essential oils and MSM powder just sitting there. I may pull the trigger this weekend. I hope you are getting good results so far.