Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to NOT wash my hair for one month? What do you think? Advice?

Default Re: I want to NOT wash my hair for one month? What do you think? Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by BleachedBerry View Post
    I feel my hair does well when stretching washes. thought I love how my hair feels clean, I want to try stretching long as possible. I do have dry scalp and I am becoming increasingly sensitive to products.
    Okay, that makes sense. Some people say they want to do it just because they feel like they should, except then they're super-annoyed by being greasy/itchy but are still adamant they're going to keep stretching their washes.

(Hell, I tried it myself once, a long time ago, to see if I could "train" my scalp to need washing less. Um,no. In hindsight, it was pretty gross.)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: I want to NOT wash my hair for one month? What do you think? Advice?

A dry scalp could possibly lead to a little bit of flakiness over time if it isn't washed very often. Have you ever tried a scalp treatment? Something like sweet almond oil could help soften it and possibly assist the skin in retaining it's moisture.
    Not washing for that long sounds great, but I don't know if it's good for the skin or not. I suppose you'll find out as time goes on!
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Like I said I have done this several times. Many years ago. I do not remember how I did it. But my hair always seemed healthier and longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexen View Post
    Geographically, where I live, environmental conditions alone would not allow me to stretch that far.
    Ya know, frequent humidity, high temps...perspiration....
    I wish I could though. Because quite honestly just having it is a pain in the arse. But one I'm willing to take lol.
    If I did stretch it out that long around here though, birds would probably be making nests in it. I would weigh two to three pounds heavier just from the airborne dust. And for all I know Lilliputians might even be taking up residence in it.
    Hearing their wee little screams when I brushed them out would be slightly disconcerting to me.
    Brilliant

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Geographically, where I live, environmental conditions alone would not allow me to stretch that far.
    I wish I could though. Because quite honestly just having it is a pain in the arse. But one I'm willing to take lol.
    If I did stretch it out that long around here though, birds would probably be making nests in it. I would weigh two to three pounds heavier just from the airborne dust. And for all I know Lilliputians might even be taking up residence in it.
    Hearing their wee little screams when I brushed them out would be slightly disconcerting to me.
    This made me laugh. Only the other day when it was windy I came home to find bits of leaves and stalks in mine

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I wash my hair every other week to once a month all year 'round. As others have mentioned it's important to keep the scalp clean. I comb my hair and use a BBB daily. A few times a week I give myself a scalp massage and brush my scalp and hair in sections with my BBB. If I don't my scalp will itch.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I feel my hair does well when stretching washes. thought I love how my hair feels clean, I want to try stretching long as possible. I do have dry scalp and I am becoming increasingly sensitive to products.
    Dry scalp is actually ideal for stretching. Good luck!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I got a little heavy handed with my coconut oil so will be doing a co wash.
    Guess I didn't try hard enough.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

off topic but I have to say, your hair in your sig is wonderful, hair goals!
    Shoulder+ by my 40th (May 2025)
    Buzz>>>Pixie>>>Chin>>>Shoulder
    Living The Split Dye Life

Length
    buzz/31/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Haha, I love this! What a vivid image!

I got a little heavy handed with my coconut oil so will be doing a co wash.
    Guess I didn't try hard enough.
    I'm not sure if you meant it like this, but don't be so hard on yourself! Maybe I'm projecting my own stuff with diet/productivity/you name it, but it's easy for me to feel like, 'I had a goal, and I messed up on the way to it, so I've RUINED EVERYTHING!' - but it's all a process, right? If you end up not washing for the whole of August, rather than the whole of June, what real difference will it make? It's a fun experiment with your hair, not a punitive test to see how good you are at sticking to things (ok, I've definitely drifted into giving myself advice here too!). Just my two cents Good luck!
    Growing out a buzzcut since September 2019
    buzz -- mess -- chin -- SL [18.5"] -- APL [22"] -- APL+ [25.5"] -- MBL [27"] -- WL [29"] -- HL [32"] -- TBL [38"]