Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can long hair be worn down at all times?

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Can long hair be worn down at all times?

If youíre happy with your length then I donít see why you would have to put it up. I find itís more comfortable in that keeping it up keeps it away from getting caught on things, drying out against my clothes, getting wrapped in any buttons or zippers, caught between my back and whatever Iím sitting on. So I do prefer it

Length
    27/39/45+
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I'm the odd sort that doesn't mind hair in my neck, my face, or basically anywhere else. I used to wear my hair down all the time at HL+, and since I was used to it I seldom ran into any trouble. Although there were occasions where it would get in the way (shutting doors on it, having it brush the floor when leaning down, car seat belts, buttons, and so on). Although when I got a little more active, the mechanical damage finally came in hard from wearing it down, and it kind of thinned out and broke off and split all the way back to BSL within a few months.

I wear it up all the time now, except at night. The splits and mechanical damage are all gone. And oddly enough, now I feel uncomfortable going anywhere without putting my hair up first.

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TinaRider View Post
    I wear my hair down pretty much all the time. I also sleep with my hair loose. The longest my hair has ever been is BSL and this worked fine. My cousin can do the same with her WL hair.
    I would like to set realistic length goal for myself as wearing my hair up daily is not something I'm willing to do. The whole purpose of my hair is to be worn down.

At which length did you NEED to start putting your hair up?
    Yes, hair can definitely be worn down at all times. I'm like you, I can't wear my hair up all of the time either during the day, and I've been able to grow to WL, and it's at it's longest.

Length
    24''/32''/40''
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I used to love wearing my hair down, but it absolutely would not grow past BSL at the longest. When I started wearing it up, I saw the biggest growth spurt I've ever had. But then, I also have very fine hair which damages easily, and I don't have that much of it. People with thicker hair can get away with more and I see a lot of people in my area with WL hair that don't wear it up or do anything special to keep it long.

I think it's a shame to hide hair up in buns all the time, but I've gotten used to the comfort that comes with not having to deal with hair getting in the way all the time. It's very convenient. So once you get used to it, there is that as a benefit. Plus you get to play with many pretty hair toys. Always good too. :P

Well depends on your daily activities as well as your hair. If you are working around dangerous machinery I would certainly put it up. If you sit in a chair most of the time perhaps not.

Length
    13/18/51
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

When my hair was hip length, I loved having it down all the time. I particularly liked feeling it on my skin. I've never had it any longer than that, but I never had the urge to put it up unless I was extremely sweaty.

Length
    26/39.5/55
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

It can definitely be worn down at all times. Safely? Depends on your hair, weather, fabric you're wearing. For example, if you have very delicate hair and you wear your hair down often, you might get a lot of breakage or splits if your hair is long enough to rub against your back, shoulders or chest. I've heard many people with long hair complain that their hair becomes extremely knotted if their hair is worn down on windy days. If your hair is fine with cotton and things I think it'll be fine. ::

Length
    NL/38"/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I wear mine up a lot just because it gets in the way, it's too hot, and/or it gets knotted when I have it down. But I think whether my hair was BSL or HL I'd have these problems. I probably wear it down less than half the time (excluding work, where I always wear it up), but I kinda go out of my way to wear it down and show it off a bit. Otherwise for me, I don't see the purpose in having long hair.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Depending on your lifestyle, I'd say the average Person can't grow as effectively with unprotected ends. But if you already have your desired lenght, you may be able to maintain that (provided that no other damage factors are in the picture)
    Pixie!- Shingle - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder...

Mine's just slightly longer than BSL and starting to get in the way. Usually when I grab a broom or shovel, I grab hair along with it. Or if I throw my purse into the car, I throw some hair with it, etc. It's time for a cut.