Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: June 2020: Hair Taping

Grrrrr.

Okay. Here's the situation.
    I am terrible at sewing, and this is basically sewing.
    As with sewing, I can never figure out if the needle is supposed to be in the middle of the thread/ribbon/yarn, or at one end with just enough going through the eye that it doesn't come out of the needle altogether.
    So I start with enough yarn/thread/ribbon to get all the way around if I don't double it, then I double it and run out of length. Then I have to try to yank one of the ends through my braided, sewn hair.
    I need to actually watch videos instead of just looking at pictures and saying yeah yeah yeah I get it.

ETA: Despite messing it up, it still held through a workout.
    Finally made a signature!
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I did it!

Note to self: Actually watch a video instead of distractedly skipping through, saying, "Yeah, yeah, I can do this."
    I did a single English braid wrapped around. I watched Torrin's video, which turned out to be very helpful with the sewing part even though I did the braiding differently. I used three arm-lengths of yarn. It looks wonky on the heavy side since the tail fell out and I went and did more sewing on that side, came back down, and tied off.
    Also, I put the yarn through the braid towards the end instead of just around it. That idea occurred to me halfway through taping. Was I supposed to be putting it *through* the braid all along?

Most of these ramblings are for me, for next time I try to figure out how I got hair taping to work that one time... But if it helps anyone else, bonus.

Length
    0.25/48/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    I did it!

Note to self: Actually watch a video instead of distractedly skipping through, saying, "Yeah, yeah, I can do this."
    I did a single English braid wrapped around. I watched Torrin's video, which turned out to be very helpful with the sewing part even though I did the braiding differently. I used three arm-lengths of yarn. It looks wonky on the heavy side since the tail fell out and I went and did more sewing on that side, came back down, and tied off.
    Also, I put the yarn through the braid towards the end instead of just around it. That idea occurred to me halfway through taping. Was I supposed to be putting it *through* the braid all along?

Most of these ramblings are for me, for next time I try to figure out how I got hair taping to work that one time... But if it helps anyone else, bonus.
    Looks nice!

I tape around the braid. I've actually never watched a hair taping video, so I don't know if others do it different

Home is where the heart is

Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Thanks, Tatsu! Yours always look perfect!
    It's hard for me to tell from videos, but I'm thinking people are mostly taping around, not through.