Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My hair is green. How do I get this out? (semi dye question)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: My hair is green. How do I get this out? (semi dye question)

Quote Originally Posted by BleachedBerry View Post
    Please do not use bleach over henna. Henna is a metallic dye and causes a reaction with bleach.

You could try a color remover.
    But I would use a clarifying shampoo mixed with some baking soda and leave on 5 to 10 minutes. No conditioner. Do a color safe deep treatment after.
    Mix blue with red to create a customized purple then add a few drops or so of black to create depth and darkness.
    Pure henna isn't, at all, just FYI. The problem with pure henna and bleach is simply that it takes so much to remove that it can easily destroy the hair simply because of having to process it so much - but careful, sensible use of bleach over pure henna won't automatically melt the hair off.

Not that I'm ever advocating bleach, but henna is demonised because generally people don't know the difference between the pure stuff and the compound stuff that's just as bad for the hair (if not worse) than conventional dye.
    Growing back to definite-calf length with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    0"/BSL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: My hair is green. How do I get this out? (semi dye question)

Quote Originally Posted by BleachedBerry View Post
    Please do not use bleach over henna. Henna is a metallic dye and causes a reaction with bleach.

You could try a color remover.
    But I would use a clarifying shampoo mixed with some baking soda and leave on 5 to 10 minutes. No conditioner. Do a color safe deep treatment after.
    Mix blue with red to create a customized purple then add a few drops or so of black to create depth and darkness.
    No, I won't be bleaching but spoons is right you have been m misinformed about henna.

Please do not use baking soda on your head. I would explain why but I'm tired.