View Poll Results: Have you used a subliminal?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

20 55.56%
  • Yes, it worked

4 11.11%
  • Yes, it didn’t work

3 8.33%
  • Cheese

9 25.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subliminals anyone?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Subliminals anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    I thought it's just a smiley, like, you know, the eyebrow thingy smiling sarcastically?
    plus, your song was not even a question.
    Typically when someone posts an "^" (it can be one, two three or several) ....symbol right under a previous comment it means that it references the post directly above it.

And the song verse was never intended to be a question.
    Last edited by Hexen; May 25th, 2020 at 03:38 AM.

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I thought it's just a smiley, like, you know, the eyebrow thingy smiling sarcastically?
    plus, your song was not even a question.
    Oh, that's interesting, I usually see ^^ used as a smiling face without sarcasm... I wonder if that changed. I also always assumed it represents eyes, not eyebrows, as Japanese-style emojis tend to emphasise eyes for conveying the expression? :0

But yeah, Hexen, these are just smileys from the style of emojis like ^^ ^_^ ^.^, and the related ones n_n O.o -_- etc.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    Oh, that's interesting, I usually see ^^ used as a smiling face without sarcasm... I wonder if that changed. I also always assumed it represents eyes, not eyebrows, as Japanese-style emojis tend to emphasise eyes for conveying the expression? :0

But yeah, Hexen, these are just smileys from the style of emojis like ^^ ^_^ ^.^, and the related ones n_n O.o -_- etc.
    Ahhh, ok if that was the case then it was a misinterpretation on my part and I apologize.
    But if it was, at least it was a legitimate misinterpretation on my part

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hexen View Post
    Typically when someone posts an "^" (it can be one, two three or several) ....symbol right under a previous comment it means that it references the post directly above it.

And the song verse was never intended to be a question.
    I know how ^ is used, but you can even infer by the way the sentence is written and your last posts the two are not related...

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post

Yeah, exactly that's what I meant. Eyes, eyebrows, you know
    I don't think they're always sarcastic, but not exactly like an honest smile. In this case the comment is rather offensive, so a real smiling face is out of place, it's more like "I know I'm being nasty, but deal with it"
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I know how ^ is used, but you can even infer by the way the sentence is written and your last posts the two are not related...
    Then it shouldn't be any surprise why it might have been inferred the way it was inferred.

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Then it shouldn't be any surprise why it might have been inferred the way it was inferred.
    Oh come on, Hexen, if you're just posting a song why would someone come out of nowhere and say it's BS, when there's actually a question at the beginning of the thread to which their reply actually makes sense, why would it be directed at you?
    I don't think people surf the threads looking for random posts to say they're BS.
    I also don't know how old you are, but to our generation ^^, even more after a snarky comment really is a smiley.
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Oh come on, Hexen, if you're just posting a song why would someone come out of nowhere and say it's BS, when there's actually a question at the beginning of the thread to which their reply actually makes sense, why would it be directed at you?
    I don't think people surf the threads looking for random posts to say they're BS.
    I also don't know how old you are, but to our generation ^^, even more after a snarky comment really is a smiley.
    Oh come on MidnightMoon...
    Why would someone come out and say that out of nowhere? lol
    Thats's exactly why I was confused and upset about it in the first place.
    Because I didn't think a person would typically come out and say that out of nowhere.
    And I happen to have turned 46 .....today.

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Oh come on MidnightMoon...
    Why would someone come out and say that out of nowhere? lol
    Thats's exactly why I was confused and upset about it in the first place.
    Because I didn't think a person would typically come out and say that out of nowhere.
    And I happen to have turned 46 .....today.
    Then maybe next time try to be positive and don't think someone would be rude to you out of nowhere
    That being said, I wish you a very happy birthday!
    Will you be celebrating it?
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Then maybe next time try to be positive and don't think someone would be rude to you out of nowhere
    That being said, I wish you a very happy birthday!
    Will you be celebrating it?
    Thanks MM.
    I do always try to be positive. But ya know, this is the world. This is the internet.
    Sometime it's not always easy to determine the demeanor and intentions of someone you know absolutely nothing about.
    But again, thank you for the well wishes.

And yes. I actually have been celebrating it. Its 2:34 am my time and I'm on my way home. Probably gonna be sleep time very soon

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Thanks MM.
    I do always try to be positive. But ya know, this is the world. This is the internet.
    Sometime it's not always easy to determine the demeanor and intentions of someone you know absolutely nothing about.
    But again, thank you for the well wishes.

And yes. I actually have been celebrating it. Its 2:34 am my time and I'm on my way home. Probably gonna be sleep time very soon
    You're welcome!
    I'm glad, then. My bd was back in April and I couldn't even meet any friends or anything (well, I should say friend because I'm pretty much alone here lol) because of corona. I'm thinking I should celebrate it when this is all over.
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?