Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: most important thing for thickening and strengthening?

Somewhere outside of the Milky Way galaxy
    Length
    0.7/30/45
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: most important thing for thickening and strengthening?

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    It's also very difficult to get rid of excess iron (especially for men), so I would recommend against supplementing it unless you are actually in need of it.
    You're very right! I should have mentioned that. An estimated 1/3 women are iron deficient, but iron, "overload," is also very common, specifically in men. It's so common, actually, that some doctors reccomend, "blood-letting." Not like medieval times blood-letting, but more in the area of donating to Red Cross once a month. Cool and kinda creepy! Sorry for the ramble, just thought it was an interesting fact!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by momao View Post
    You're very right! I should have mentioned that. An estimated 1/3 women are iron deficient, but iron, "overload," is also very common, specifically in men. It's so common, actually, that some doctors reccomend, "blood-letting." Not like medieval times blood-letting, but more in the area of donating to Red Cross once a month. Cool and kinda creepy! Sorry for the ramble, just thought it was an interesting fact!
    Here, you're not allowed to donate blood more often than around every 3 months. For women, the "ban" is slightly (like some days?) longer than it is for men, but yeah approximately 3 months. I don't know where in the world you are, but at least in the US, I think added iron can be an actual bother. It looks good when you look at food and see that yeah, it contains iron, must be good for me, but a lot of people end up getting too much. :/
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by enshallah View Post
    I eat like an angel.
    sorry, that just made me laugh (in the good sense).
    Though, joke aside, I don't think angels eat at all.
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    sorry, that just made me laugh (in the good sense).
    Though, joke aside, I don't think angels eat at all.

I was just about to ask that too! I love the phrase, but... what DO angels eat?
    Now I'm wondering...do angels eat all super healthy and moral food -like paleo vegan or something - because they're the embodiment of "good" and better than any of us can aspire to be, or do they eat ice cream all day because they're in heaven and they deserve it? or is it just rainbows and baby's laughter? I'm so curious!

Ok, back to lurking on this thread to help my husband who's an aspiring longhair with much finer hair than me, so I don't know the strategies...

Length
    15/20/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Girrrrl what a transformation. Could you go into detail about the changes you made from 2018 to now xx sadly my hair is even thinner than yours was its crazy

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I don't know if you have access to supplements or conventional hair products or not where you are?
    I have had good results with Biotin, Also the Nioxin products work well on thin hair and hair fall.

Distilling the water you wash your hair with could help. Simply bring the water to a boil and allow to cool.
    Maybe fermented rice water would be a good option for you, it will defiantly strengthen your hair.

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    My hair used to be quite thin, the sort of thinness where I’d notice the top of my ear poking out from underneath it if that makes sense lol. I think the previous advice is spot on with regards to diet and hydration. Eating enough protein, essential fatty acids, sleep and stress levels all affect it. Also being gentle with the hair when brushing, combing too.

For me my hair changed considerably when I went water only, my hair is a LOT thicker now. I know this because a spiral hair tie would have to go three times around in a pony tail and now it only needs two, so that’s quite a good outcome measure I think?My diet and exercise is the same so that’s not affecting it. Now I honestly don’t know if the new thickness is because my hair is getting regular scalp massages, or the sebum is coating the hair length, or the cessation of hair products is allowing my hair to thicken. Maybe all of those!
    I have been thinking so much about this post over the last week and have really taken it to heart. I was doing WO and then cornstarch washing only and my hair was also much thicker and more substantial than before. It wasn't fly away and less static. I have cut back drastically on the shampoo and have adopted cornstarch washing, with conditioner afterwards. For two reasons, the static firstly, and also to get a bit of weight back into my hair. Thanks Feral for mentioning this, it has changed my course of action for the better I think.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by elfynity View Post
    I have been thinking so much about this post over the last week and have really taken it to heart. I was doing WO and then cornstarch washing only and my hair was also much thicker and more substantial than before. It wasn't fly away and less static. I have cut back drastically on the shampoo and have adopted cornstarch washing, with conditioner afterwards. For two reasons, the static firstly, and also to get a bit of weight back into my hair. Thanks Feral for mentioning this, it has changed my course of action for the better I think.
    It will be interesting following your journey Have you tried conditioner only washing? Some people get good results with that. I’ve not done cornstarch washing, only WO. For my hair it seems less is definitely more.

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    It will be interesting following your journey Have you tried conditioner only washing? Some people get good results with that. I’ve not done cornstarch washing, only WO. For my hair it seems less is definitely more.
    Yeah, CO is ok, I have no problem with that, but I find that cornstarch is just wonderful stuff, especially mixed into water and poured over your head. I want to save my conditioners for the body and ends.
    I have been down this whole road before of WO and then cornstarch washing and you know, it is just so easy to shampoo that I landed up not even diluting my shampoo anymore, I feel like my hair has just really been stripped too much. I need to calm it all down and go back to that balance where my hair oils are doing more work and not being constantly removed.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!

Length
    13/32.75/43+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Drinking enough water, getting proper nutrition, doing oil treatments, wearing protective hairstyles, and no heat. These are the ones that affect it positively the most imo.