Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The French twist thread

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default The French twist thread

I find it hard to believe that LHC doesn't have a French twist thread, yet. I can't find one, so I'm starting one. So there!

I just received three French twist combs from France Luxe today. I made a French twist and secured it with one of the combs. It is so secure and comfy. I took a long walk and my FT still looks awesome.

My hair is baby fine and somewhere between BSL and waist. This is the technique that I use to create my FT's.

I love FT combs, but I also secure my FT's with a Ficcare, a hairstick or a comb.

Do you love FT's?

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    12/30"/38 "
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: The French twist thread

FT is my go-to for neat tidy hair - I use a copper wire slide at the top to hold it for dressy, and a large claw clip for everyday. I have mid-back length hair, not as long as yours, and will be using your video for when it's longer. Great video, clear and concise, thanks!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeZ View Post
    FT is my go-to for neat tidy hair - I use a copper wire slide at the top to hold it for dressy, and a large claw clip for everyday. I have mid-back length hair, not as long as yours, and will be using your video for when it's longer. Great video, clear and concise, thanks!
    The copper wire slide sounds like a great way to secure a FT, ZoeZ!

You're welcome for the video. I agree, it's very clear.

Length
    twa/twa/waist
    Type
    4a/4b/F/ii/iii

It is such an elegant hairstyle. When I have enough length, I will probably do this style on a regular basis.
    Shave (23.01.2021) Neck Length (23.03.2022)

Length
    Waist/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I don't do French twists very often, but it's a great and elegant look! I have a few French twist combs, but unfortunately for me I have to twist the opposite way of what I intuitively want to do when I use them, or I'll end with some upside-down hummingbirds and such

Edit to add: It's also amazingly efficient at hiding vast amounts of hair, and slightly better than a great, big LWB in terms of not getting in the way when sitting in a car seat with a headrest.
    I think the main reason I hardly ever do them is that I don't have the heart to put my combs to everyday use.
    Last edited by Miss Thyme; May 6th, 2020 at 05:10 AM.

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thanks for this thread! I've been wanting to learn how to do a French twist for a while and simply can't seem to get the hang of it
    - I will cut my hair once I am defeated in battle -
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Yes, I love them, and use them often. Unfortunately I can barely do anything with my hair right now as I woke up with a terribly stiff and sore neck and putting my hair up this morning was torture.

If this might help someone, I have a FT tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOLV...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Sarahlabyrinth; May 6th, 2020 at 07:20 AM.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

The french twist is my favorite up-do!

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Beautiful! I love the elegance of a French twist, particularly with a comb specifically created for one. Alas, my slick hair rarely complies for long.

This normal twisting technique doesn't work well for me. My thigh length hair holds marginally better if I crochet a couple of chains into the bottom half and then roll everything up and sideways with chopsticks. The pins seem to grab better that way before everything droops.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lanalavallama View Post
    It is such an elegant hairstyle. When I have enough length, I will probably do this style on a regular basis.
    Lanalavallama, your siggy description of your hair length, TWA (teeny weeny afro), made me smile.

I agree, a FT is one of the most elegant styles. And once you master it, it's so fast and easy.