Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 4040

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Anyone know of some ways I can use glycerin for hair?
    Also another question, since I don't have aloe juice, can I mix aloe gel into water as a hair mist or would it just seperate?
    Cannot answer about glycerin, but for aloe vera gel if you mash or blend it with a little water before adding more water to make a mist it will not separate.
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    I wash my fringies with water in my hand like that and it takes just a minute - I never thought to use a jug!
    Fringies what a lovely term for them! When I used to wash my hair - still can’t get used to how odd that sounds but I used to just do it in the shower by sticking my face into the spray and applying a blobette of shampoo to the fringe area.
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Also another question, since I don't have aloe juice, can I mix aloe gel into water as a hair mist or would it just seperate?
    You can mix it to pretty much everything, shampoo, conditioner, mask etc. I would mix just before use.
    Last edited by Suortuva; April 11th, 2021 at 09:14 AM.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I mix aloe gel into water with glycerin (and oil) to make a detangler in the warm months.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I mix aloe gel into water with glycerin (and oil) to make a detangler in the warm months.
    That sounds nice. What ratios do you use?

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

That sounds nice. What ratios do you use?
    Sure - I’m copying this from the knee-length & beyond thread because I put it there not too long ago:

This is very unscientific because I haven’t used it in months (my hair doesn’t like glycerin once it’s radiator season). I use a 6oz mister bottle. I fill it about 3/4 of the way up with orange blossom water, then add a generous glug of each glycerin and aloe (heavier on the aloe) and a few droppers of oil so the bottle is nearly full. I shake it up well and test it on my fingers - if it feels “slippy” enough I call it good, if it doesn’t, I tweak.
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Way way way way WAY back when, I used to lean forward, cup water in my hand and wet the hair I needed to, shampoo the tiniest bit, then rinse off with clean water again using my hands. Nowadays if I ever had to wash that small an amount of hair I'd probably use a jug (preferably a small one, if possible). Easy to guide the spout with the other hand to just where is needed.
    Off to steal the kitchen jug... hope my hair doesn't end up with traces of vegetable stock

I wash my fringies with water in my hand like that and it takes just a minute - I never thought to use a jug!
    That's how I'm planning but I'm a bit clumsy so I'll probably wet the whole room

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Fringies what a lovely term for them! When I used to wash my hair - still can’t get used to how odd that sounds but I used to just do it in the shower by sticking my face into the spray and applying a blobette of shampoo to the fringe area.
    I know right... That's a way I've certainly never considered but I may have to give it a go
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    Off to steal the kitchen jug... hope my hair doesn't end up with traces of vegetable stock

That's how I'm planning but I'm a bit clumsy so I'll probably wet the whole room

I know right... That's a way I've certainly never considered but I may have to give it a go
    When I had a fringe I used to just hold my head over the sink and run the tap onto it. Squish in a tiny bit of shampoo and do the same to rinse it out.

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    LOL you guys are hilarious. This such an LHC moment - the solution to most of our hair problems is in the darn kitchen haha.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post
    LOL you guys are hilarious. This such an LHC moment - the solution to most of our hair problems is in the darn kitchen haha.
    How true! Half of my hair routine is out of the kitchen pantry haha!
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")