Page 81 of 404 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy McLucyFace View Post
    No point talking about the Arab slave trade which lasted between the middle ages and the last century. To most Americans nothing exists outside of the US
    If people in street can attack me "because I racist" (no, I'm not... I just believe if I came to shop FIRST I should something FIRST)... If someone can try hit me, because I wasn't speak English and I didn't know what that guy wanted... it is point to talking.

The most stupid thing is... more often I see racism from black people to white people than from white people to black people. My friends (who was born in Africa, so they are 100% black) see this too.
    In my opinion - on world we have 99,9% on normal people who DON'T CARE and 0,1% people who want made storm in glass about everything (from both side - they can discriminated someone because of skin color/sex/anything or they can be aggressive to everyone because they have different skin color/sex/anything and THEY fill worst than every else). And believe me - you can't change my opinion. Eventually I can not speak about that (because I like quiet) and decide you are from that 0,1%.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Um....ok. I think my question was answered. Not sure if this thread is the place for this type of debate, don't want to further derail
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    20/20/25

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
    If people in street can attack me "because I racist" (no, I'm not... I just believe if I came to shop FIRST I should something FIRST)... If someone can try hit me, because I wasn't speak English and I didn't know what that guy wanted... it is point to talking.

The most stupid thing is... more often I see racism from black people to white people than from white people to black people. My friends (who was born in Africa, so they are 100% black) see this too.
    In my opinion - on world we have 99,9% on normal people who DON'T CARE and 0,1% people who want made storm in glass about everything (from both side - they can discriminated someone because of skin color/sex/anything or they can be aggressive to everyone because they have different skin color/sex/anything and THEY fill worst than every else). And believe me - you can't change my opinion. Eventually I can not speak about that (because I like quiet) and decide you are from that 0,1%.
    i totaly agree, even tho i m a guy

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JUJU568 View Post
    Hi, i m posting but really out of your subject of discussion just if some guys or girls wants to talk or helps me about having to tied up my hair sometimes for sport, dance etc for a boy ! and looking a bit "girlish" sometimes if you get it ^^ but sorry for those who i 'm really far from your subject :/
    Hey, this is the awkward questions thread so now worries about sticking to a topic here

There are a bunch of threads about masculine hairstyles that might give you some ideas. I'm pretty firmly in the camp of doing whatever you like with your own hair, but if you are looking to go for a "masculine" look I think metal hair toys or blunt wooden hair toys will help. Where I am at least, people tend to associate "chunky, bold" things as looking more masculine. Like think of the difference with necklaces made for men, the links are much larger. I think going for a Viking or Dwarven theme might help give that "manly" impression too. Oooh, also try looking at antler hairtoys.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I heavily oiling my hair the day before I want to wash it... but then the next day comes and I just don't feel like it. So, I put it in my standard cinnamon bun for a day or two or (one time) a week.My hair doesn't seem to mind. In fact, it seems like it might benefit from it.

That said, I'm curious if you guys can think of any negative ramifications of leaving oil on that long.

For what it's worth, it's usually about 2 Tb of oil, applied to my tips and then distributed up to about four inches past my roots. I pre-oil with a mixture of jojoba, argan, olive and JCBO.

I'm careful to avoid my scalp but every once in a while I will do a scalp massage with a mixture of tea tree and peppermint EO mixed into jojoba or argan oil and don't get around to getting it out for a day or two later.

Do you think these two different examples of prolonged oiling could cause me any issues?

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

jane I am also interested in this answer. I also heavily oil my hair for sometimes up to 24 hours before washing, including a non trivial amount of tea tree oil on the scalp. I haven't felt any negative ramifications so far.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I also sometimes forget I'd oiled and meant to wash my hair for a day or two. *shrug* No issues here.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Speculative, but I wonder if hair could become *too* hydrophobic if oil is forgotten on hair too often. Resulting in dry hair

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I sometimes use a significant amount of leave-in oil (I can use a lot of castor oil before it shows), but my hair is high porosity so I think it can take it. As far as I know, some people oil their ends, adding a bit of oil every day, for easier combing etc.? Or as a component of moisturizing routine (between washing, adding a little bit of water + oil to seal it). So I think it's not an issue? The only things I would be careful about are the EOs and how your scalp is reacting to it.
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (curly)
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (stretched)
    Prounouns: they/them only, please!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Thank you all for responding! I just wanted to check so stop worrying about it.

Jane with a capital J (Why is that funny to me? ) It seems like my hair has become a lot less dry since I started being a bit more apathetic about sticking to a schedule but I've changed so much about my routine over the last 8 months that I can't be sure of the cause.