Page 53 of 404 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    How can I understand if I'm having just seasonal shedding or telogen effluvium?
    I don't think there's a surefire way to know, but if you look 2-6 months into the past, is there something that could have triggered telogen effluvium, like a stressful event or a shock (physical or emotional)?
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I don't think there's a surefire way to know, but if you look 2-6 months into the past, is there something that could have triggered telogen effluvium, like a stressful event or a shock (physical or emotional)?
    Mh the only thing I had was an infection back in January, with 2 weeks of antibiotics. Other than that, stress basically. But I'm often stressed.

Type
    1c/C/iii

As it is September, I would bet seasonal shedding.

I have also been wondering this as I have been shedding more lately - could be stress, yet still betting seasonal with my own case too.

If I remember correctly, TE is usually somewhat massive and as such more recognizable? And seasonal just "some" more? Meaning, I would suspect TE if my shedding would increase from 40 to 200 strands, and seasonal if the increase would be something like from 40 to 100 (percentage gap the main point here, not the actual numbers).
    Last edited by Milynn; September 30th, 2020 at 09:08 AM.

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Milynn I hope is seasonal shedding obviously, but it's lasting since the end of July and it seems to be worst in the last month. I unfortunately have never counted the hair I used to shed before, so I cannot do a comparison. I just have my eyes. But I have a pic of it. I'll take with the shed I have now in the same conditions.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hi,

I have a question. Can you use shampoos and conditioners that has protein in it on a daily basis. Like, anything that says, "Repair&Protect?"

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Hi,

I have a question. Can you use shampoos and conditioners that has protein in it on a daily basis. Like, anything that says, "Repair&Protect?"
    I think this is something very subjective. And I think it depends also by the quantity of protein your products contain. You should just try for few washes and see what happens.

I definitely don't know how to deal with my hair from day 4. Because it looks frizzy, from roots to ends. Sometimes happens that my day 4 waves looks better than day 1 in terms of definition, but with this insane amount of frizz and some straight strand coming out. A mess. Also my usual side braid can't contain the frizz and I need to use tones of leave in conditioner and oil to make it looks not too bad.
    Should I try some refresh method? There's something I can do to tame the frizz?
    Last edited by Bri-Chan; October 6th, 2020 at 06:05 PM.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I think this is something very subjective. And I think it depends also by the quantity of protein your products contain. You should just try for few washes and see what happens.

I definitely don't know how to deal with my hair from day 4. Because it looks frizzy, from roots to ends. Sometimes happens that my day 4 waves looks better than day 1 in terms of definition, but with this insane amount of frizz and some straight strand coming out. A mess. Also my usual side braid can't contain the frizz and I need to use tones of leave in conditioner and oil to make it looks not too bad.
    Ok, yeah I may just try for a few washes and see what happens. Because, I really don't like switching my products too often. I was thinking more like trying to use the Pantene Repair&Protect Shampoo and Conditioner everyday, and see what happens from there.

Awwwww yeah, I know what you mean about dealing with frizziness on day 4. I deal with it all of the time starting from day 1. The day I wash it! Yes, I would try a refreshing method like a hair milk or a hair cream. That's what helps to tame away my frizzies.

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

For me, the only way to "refresh" my hair in that stage is to basically wash it again, just water and a ton of conditioner; but some people have success with misting their hair with water & conditioner, have you tried that? Other than that, I'll be waiting for others to chime in because I'd love some solution as well!
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (curly)
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (stretched)
    Prounouns: they/them only, please!

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I agree with, ynne. Misting your hair with water & conditioner also helps me to take my frizz as well!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Why do I use less conditioner washing my hair upside down than normally?
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links