Page 51 of 404 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Hey, this might be a stupid question as well: Can dyeing your hair cause it to straighten your texture a bit?

Because, I remember on my friend's hair she was dyeing it dark brown she told me that she naturally has curly hair, and everyday I saw her....her hair appeared or looked a little straighter to me.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Hey, this might be a stupid question as well: Can dyeing your hair cause it to straighten your texture a bit?

Because, I remember on my friend's hair she was dyeing it dark brown she told me that she naturally has curly hair, and everyday I saw her....her hair appeared or looked a little straighter to me.
    Yes, definitely. Permanent dyes open the cuticle layer causing damage and dryness, so natural texture might change because of that (waves and curls loosen up and can't the natural texture as well). I guess it's quite individual thing though and also depends on how drastic the color change is.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Alright, so here's a stupid question: Are my roots a soft black now?

I have been watching my growth come in and am still not over how much darker it looks than what I had remembered.

I took a selfie today (new avatar) where the color seems true to life and I'm shocked at how blackish it looks in it.
    On my screen I'd say a very very dark brown. I don't know where the line is between very dark brown and black though!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    From my view (I’m on an iPhone if that makes a difference) it looks like your roots are a cool dark brown and the rest is a warm brown.

It’s kind of fun discovering natural color after only seeing dyed color for awhile!
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    On my screen I'd say a very very dark brown. I don't know where the line is between very dark brown and black though!
    Okay, thanks!

It's super weird I could have swore my hair was a medium warm brown not a cool super dark brown. I wonder if maybe it photobleached a bit auburn and it hasn't had time to do that yet.

Length
    3 inc/62 “/74”
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Take a picture in sunlight. Might have pretty highlights. There was a hint of auburn there
    Lady Shannon
    Dragon Longhaired Knights
    Cairehre Mountains

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

For headphones and bike helmets I find easiest way to take off and on a lot without making so much frizz is to wear a bandana, Buff, some kind of kerchief.

We have big muff-style headphones for chainsawing and tractor work and other loud power machinery (worksafe ones where you can listen to music) and have to pop them off and on or at least move an ear now and then if we want to hear each other between tasks. Keeps my hair cleaner too, fewer tree bits and less sawdust and dirt.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Yes, definitely. Permanent dyes open the cuticle layer causing damage and dryness, so natural texture might change because of that (waves and curls loosen up and can't the natural texture as well). I guess it's quite individual thing though and also depends on how drastic the color change is.
    OK, thank you for answering that question for me. I thought that could be the case. Wasn't sure. Yes, that is so very true that Permanent dyes open the cuticle layer causing damage and dryness. That's why if you're going to do such a thing to your hair you should always keep it well-moisturized, and it's always good to do protein treatments every once in a while. That is also very true that it's quite an individual thing and it also depends on how drastic the color change is. I was thinking more like permanently dyeing my hair reddish blonde or pale blonde without using bleach. I don't use bleach. Only the blonde shade. Like, Clairol Nice N Easy. Or, Loreal Preference. The only product from Clairol that has bleach it their bleaching kits and lighteners. But, the blonde shades doesn't contain any bleach in it.
    Last edited by Dark40; September 25th, 2020 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Wanted to add some more stuff to it.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I wanted to check in and say that my flax seed gel, and molasses SMT worked wonderfully!

I'm done with dying so hopefully things are all uphill for here.
    Glad it worked & awesome!

I have been watching my growth come in and am still not over how much darker it looks than what I had remembered.

I took a selfie today (new avatar) where the color seems true to life and I'm shocked at how blackish it looks in it.
    I don't know; looks like a soft dark brown to me. Black (my dad's hair is black) is harsher, and more "ashy" somehow.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

To me, in the avatar your hair seems dark brown but not like a soft black. I do have experience with both - dark brown hair is very common where I live, and I used to see a lot of asian hair at uni. Yes, a cool brown, as other says. I also think that the dark color you have can be more evident because of the contrast with the lighter color.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hey all,

Would you say if you relax your hair, and then use permanent dye afterwards the color will take better than it would if you didn't relax it? Or, would the color take better if you don't relax it?