Page 327 of 345 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3447

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

  1. #3261
    Neonyx the Bat Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Underworld
    Age
    37
    Posts
    8,141
    Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Yeah I guess that what it means it's colorboard I saw it I haven't looked at the swap thread

  2. #3262
    Member SandyBottom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    664
    Length
    34"/46.25/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    I thought it meant in search of also. I saw it on another thread besides the swap board...ISO other colorful longhairs.
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

  3. #3263

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Well, that answers my question. lol

  4. #3264
    (your friend) Alexandrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    1,252

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedera View Post
    I keep one of those.... topsy tail thingies (no idea if they have a real name, might be just a brand name) around just for the times I have created a perfect bun/braid, only with *one* strand left out completely!

    (Pretty much like a giant sewing needle)

    I insert the stick part of it into my updo, then use the loop to pull through the errant strand.
    Depending on the length, this might hide it completely, or at least make it easier to sort of hide it inside somewhere...
    Oh, I am going to try that!
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

    ~ ~


  5. #3265
    Member SeppV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    625
    Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    I am washing my lenghts only once a week now, and I find that the longer I get without washing (with washing I mean CWC) the drier my hair gets. Not in total, I just mean that on day three or so, my hair starts feeling dry and then it's soft again when newly washed. I'm sure it's not a sign of it being damaging for the hair to go for a week with no water, I just find it interesting and wonder why it's like that? Anyone have any idea?

  6. #3266
    Member Bri-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,805
    Length
    BSL/CL/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    I am washing my lenghts only once a week now, and I find that the longer I get without washing (with washing I mean CWC) the drier my hair gets. Not in total, I just mean that on day three or so, my hair starts feeling dry and then it's soft again when newly washed. I'm sure it's not a sign of it being damaging for the hair to go for a week with no water, I just find it interesting and wonder why it's like that? Anyone have any idea?
    I don't know why this happens, but my hair does the same!
    Classic length
    43 inches/109 cm



  7. #3267
    Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    2,516
    Length
    ./63"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    I am washing my lenghts only once a week now, and I find that the longer I get without washing (with washing I mean CWC) the drier my hair gets. Not in total, I just mean that on day three or so, my hair starts feeling dry and then it's soft again when newly washed. I'm sure it's not a sign of it being damaging for the hair to go for a week with no water, I just find it interesting and wonder why it's like that? Anyone have any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I don't know why this happens, but my hair does the same!
    Mine does similar over time. Could be "dryness" but, after bulk water is removed, it's known the water content of hair depends very strongly on relative humidity which doesn't change much, here. So I think it's just dust and crap accumulated on hair's surface from the air which makes it "feel" different. After a sufficiently long enough time without thorough washing, mine becomes very tangly.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

  8. #3268
    Member SeppV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    625
    Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Mine does similar over time. Could be "dryness" but, after bulk water is removed, it's known the water content of hair depends very strongly on relative humidity which doesn't change much, here. So I think it's just dust and crap accumulated on hair's surface from the air which makes it "feel" different. After a sufficiently long enough time without thorough washing, mine becomes very tangly.
    Makes sense. I live in Norway. It's cold and dry here right now, at least the air doesn't feel very humid, it rarely does.

  9. #3269
    Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    2,516
    Length
    ./63"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    Makes sense. I live in Norway. It's cold and dry here right now, at least the air doesn't feel very humid, it rarely does.
    Well, in your case it could certainly be "dry". Oiling while damp will lengthen the time it takes to reach "dryness". On the other hand, it will also decrease the time needed for your mop to become full of dust and lint. Tradeoffs
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

  10. #3270
    shapenote singer embee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MyHouse
    Posts
    14,777
    Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    EdG has a thread/article about dust in hair, which sounds similar to your complaint, foreveryours.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •