Page 327 of 345 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3447

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Yeah I guess that what it means it's colorboard I saw it I haven't looked at the swap thread

Length
    34"/46.25/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I thought it meant in search of also. I saw it on another thread besides the swap board...ISO other colorful longhairs.
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Well, that answers my question. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hedera View Post
    I keep one of those.... topsy tail thingies (no idea if they have a real name, might be just a brand name) around just for the times I have created a perfect bun/braid, only with *one* strand left out completely!

(Pretty much like a giant sewing needle)

I insert the stick part of it into my updo, then use the loop to pull through the errant strand.
    Depending on the length, this might hide it completely, or at least make it easier to sort of hide it inside somewhere...
    Oh, I am going to try that!
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I am washing my lenghts only once a week now, and I find that the longer I get without washing (with washing I mean CWC) the drier my hair gets. Not in total, I just mean that on day three or so, my hair starts feeling dry and then it's soft again when newly washed. I'm sure it's not a sign of it being damaging for the hair to go for a week with no water, I just find it interesting and wonder why it's like that? Anyone have any idea?

Length
    BSL/CL/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    I am washing my lenghts only once a week now, and I find that the longer I get without washing (with washing I mean CWC) the drier my hair gets. Not in total, I just mean that on day three or so, my hair starts feeling dry and then it's soft again when newly washed. I'm sure it's not a sign of it being damaging for the hair to go for a week with no water, I just find it interesting and wonder why it's like that? Anyone have any idea?
    I don't know why this happens, but my hair does the same!
    Classic length
    43 inches/109 cm

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./63"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I don't know why this happens, but my hair does the same!
    Mine does similar over time. Could be "dryness" but, after bulk water is removed, it's known the water content of hair depends very strongly on relative humidity which doesn't change much, here. So I think it's just dust and crap accumulated on hair's surface from the air which makes it "feel" different. After a sufficiently long enough time without thorough washing, mine becomes very tangly.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Mine does similar over time. Could be "dryness" but, after bulk water is removed, it's known the water content of hair depends very strongly on relative humidity which doesn't change much, here. So I think it's just dust and crap accumulated on hair's surface from the air which makes it "feel" different. After a sufficiently long enough time without thorough washing, mine becomes very tangly.
    Makes sense. I live in Norway. It's cold and dry here right now, at least the air doesn't feel very humid, it rarely does.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./63"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Makes sense. I live in Norway. It's cold and dry here right now, at least the air doesn't feel very humid, it rarely does.
    Well, in your case it could certainly be "dry". Oiling while damp will lengthen the time it takes to reach "dryness". On the other hand, it will also decrease the time needed for your mop to become full of dust and lint. Tradeoffs
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

EdG has a thread/article about dust in hair, which sounds similar to your complaint, foreveryours.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!