Page 31 of 404 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Not weird at all, since oils are not moisturizing. They keep moisture IN and impart lipids and fatty acids, but do not actually impart any moisture to your hair. You'll need to do something that does, and oil after THAT to keep moisture in
    Thank you Nightshade that makes sense! Last night I did the infamous SMT and it certainly has made my ends better. I didn’t apply it to the scalp, just WO for that. I am going to experiment with some infused herbs as a rinse to oiling, just waiting for them to arrive

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

How can I achieve and maintain fairy tale ends or a similar hemline?

Length
    Pixie/Chin/WL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    How can I achieve and maintain fairy tale ends or a similar hemline?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think fairy tale ends just happen when you grow long hair without cutting it?

Maybe there's a way to get them "artificially", by thinning the ends with shears? I'm not sure!

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SelenVinland View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think fairy tale ends just happen when you grow long hair without cutting it?

Maybe there's a way to get them "artificially", by thinning the ends with shears? I'm not sure!
    Layers can bring them out. Layers artificially create the uneven length that we natural get if we dont cut our hair as it grows.

I understand that layers aren't for everyone though.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

How damaging is a very high uv index to the hair? This is in regard to being on soccer fields many hours and days a week for my kids' sports.

I'm very careful with my skin and use sunscreen daily. I want a visor style sunhat so my hair can be in a comfortable and cool bun right on top of my head. But if that would be really damaging I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by wo View Post
    How damaging is a very high uv index to the hair? This is in regard to being on soccer fields many hours and days a week for my kids' sports.

I'm very careful with my skin and use sunscreen daily. I want a visor style sunhat so my hair can be in a comfortable and cool bun right on top of my head. But if that would be really damaging I won't.
    If my hair gets sun bleached, it’ll split the next year. It gets sunbleached very easily, so I keep it covered in the sun. (I also had a head injury a couple of years ago and the area I hit still hurts when the sun shines on it, so I need to keep my head covered anyway.)

Some people don’t seem to suffer damage from sun lightening though. It’s individual, but the potential for damage is there.

Length
    2/waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I’d worry more about sunburn to the scalp. A hat is a good idea.

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wo View Post

I wear a head wrap “tichel “ that I learned about from tatsu over my bun with a visor hat thing on top. It’s super stable and bun can sit in its usual not too high, not too low spot. Might work for you?

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SelenVinland View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    Layers can bring them out. Layers artificially create the uneven length that we natural get if we dont cut our hair as it grows.

I understand that layers aren't for everyone though.
    Thank you both. I have some sort of fairy tail ends because of old layers and damaged hair, but I know that with time, trimming, my hemline will be more blunt than I want.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Thank you both. I have some sort of fairy tail ends because of old layers and damaged hair, but I know that with time, trimming, my hemline will be more blunt than I want.
    Maybe take a look at the compact cut thread? Those cuts often give a fairytale effect.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB