Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2770

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by TreesOfEternity View Post
    Can anyone remember how this bun is called, where you take your hair and start it over your thumb then under it?
    Lazy wrap bun? Or is that not the one you mean?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Lazy wrap bun? Or is that not the one you mean?
    I remembered eventually, it was the Posh Bun! I love the LWB but the Posh bun looks fuller on my hair, it has thinned a lot and I'm really frustrated with it latelly, trying to just have it up and forget about it...

Quote Originally Posted by TreesOfEternity View Post
    I remembered eventually, it was the Posh Bun! I love the LWB but the Posh bun looks fuller on my hair, it has thinned a lot and I'm really frustrated with it latelly, trying to just have it up and forget about it...
    I'm for sure always amazed how different buns can make hair look fuller or not!
    I like the spread out ones more myself usually
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

Length
    27.5"/39"/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

I have some scissors that I believe are marketed as eyebrow scissors. Indeed, that’s all I’d ever used them for, before beginning to S&D with them. I’m sure I got them at the drugstore, they are b beauté brand, stamped “made in Japan.”

I suddenly thought— how do I know if they are sharp enough to use on my precious old baby ends? Would one’s local knife sharpener be able to sharpen something so small? Could I do it at home, if so, how?

I guess that’s a lot of questions but there you go.
    TBL now, current goal is Classic

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    I have some scissors that I believe are marketed as eyebrow scissors. Indeed, that’s all I’d ever used them for, before beginning to S&D with them. I’m sure I got them at the drugstore, they are b beauté brand, stamped “made in Japan.”

I suddenly thought— how do I know if they are sharp enough to use on my precious old baby ends? Would one’s local knife sharpener be able to sharpen something so small? Could I do it at home, if so, how?

I guess that’s a lot of questions but there you go.

This video shows you how to check whether the blades are sharp enough.

If they need sharpening, I’m sure you could ask a local sharpening person, or send them away to be sharpened. The cost might be more than the value of the scissors though, I don’t know, although I imagine the blades are tiny so maybe that will be cheaper! Some sharpening services don’t do scissors, they have to be balanced so they don’t go wonky. The precision isn’t such a big deal for S&D but you still want a clean cut.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post

If they need sharpening, I’m sure you could ask a local sharpening person, or send them away to be sharpened. The cost might be more than the value of the scissors though, I don’t know, although I imagine the blades are tiny so maybe that will be cheaper! Some sharpening services don’t do scissors, they have to be balanced so they don’t go wonky. The precision isn’t such a big deal for S&D but you still want a clean cut.
    I've never understood the appeal of "fancy" scissors for this reason. So many "hair-cutting" scissors seem to have blade lines. If the pair has a plain, single-beveled blade, you can sharpen yourself just as you do your kitchen knives, etc. Anything more complex than that, and I at least wouldn't be confident doing it myself and would have to find a professional sharpener.

Length
    27.5"/39"/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post

This video shows you how to check whether the blades are sharp enough.

Well darn, of course the test material is something I don’t and never have in my home (we use cloth hankies here.) Of course lol. Now I get to ask a neighbor for a very bizarre favor.
    TBL now, current goal is Classic

Length
    Hip/FTL+/Metal
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Does aloe actually smell like Garnier's aloe products?

I've never encountered an aloe plant but that scent by Garnier is something incredible to me!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Does aloe actually smell like Garnier's aloe products?

I've never encountered an aloe plant but that scent by Garnier is something incredible to me!
    Nope, aloe pretty much smells like nothing to me. The same way I'd describe the scent of water. And it does not taste good, as while fileting a plant I thought the gel looked like it'd be tasty, and not having a scent made it difficult to guess. It tastes like very bitter nothing. The juice usually tastes fine and is used in drinks, but with added flavors.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

What blackgothicdoll said ^ I've never even noticed the flowers to have a fragrance and I've grown them for years. Bees do love them though!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*