Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2218

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    16/19/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    I'm developing a little patch of very short hairs at my hairline, at one side of my forehead. It's literally one short curl of hair at my hairline. Could it be because I sleep face-down on that side of my face? Or would there be another cause for something like that? And how do I fix it? It's very noticeable and really doesn't look good.
    It absolutely could be caused by your sleeping position. But it could also just be the way your hair grows. Do you sleep on a silk or satin case?
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.
    No trims since June 10th 2021, aiming for fairytale ends.

This might be dumb but how do you wrangle long hair into an elastic satin bonnet for sleeping? I feel like I caused tangles instead of protecting my hair by trying to man handle it all in there lol. I'm really sick after my first covid shot with a 103 fever and I just want my hair put away.

Quote Originally Posted by wo View Post
    This might be dumb but how do you wrangle long hair into an elastic satin bonnet for sleeping? I feel like I caused tangles instead of protecting my hair by trying to man handle it all in there lol. I'm really sick after my first covid shot with a 103 fever and I just want my hair put away.
    Oh no I’m sorry you’re feeling so ill with it. My hair is much shorter than yours, but I bun my hair and don’t secure it, I just hold it in place while I put the sleep cap on.

Some people wear a hair fork or pins and then put the sleep cap on, but I’m sure I’ve read that some people with very long hair have managed to go without pins. Maybe it would help to braid it first? I hope you can get comfortable and get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    I was worried about the same thing. Maybe something made to polish wood then. I think I might have something
    I think you can get oils that are meant for wood cutting boards? Then you would know it's wood-safe and also food-safe (IOW, you'd probably be okay with it if some of it got on your hair).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    13/31/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wo View Post
    I twist my hair into a cinnamon bun and hold it with my hand while I put the bonnet on with my other hand. It also helps to bend upside down at the waist so gravity helps the hair stay in. Hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I think you can get oils that are meant for wood cutting boards? Then you would know it's wood-safe and also food-safe (IOW, you'd probably be okay with it if some of it got on your hair).
    Quote Originally Posted by KokoroDragon View Post
    I twist my hair into a cinnamon bun and hold it with my hand while I put the bonnet on with my other hand. It also helps to bend upside down at the waist so gravity helps the hair stay in. Hope you feel better soon!
    Thank you guys! I got it on with a cinnabun. When I feel better I'll experiment with different things to see what gives me the best texture the next day.

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Has anybody tried the Amazon(Solimo) knock off of Tresemme moisture rich? Im asking because lately they keep saying the Tresemme is out of stock when its time for my auto delivery. And I'm doing my best to avoid the haircare aisle because ... well yknow.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    ./54/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    Has anybody tried the Amazon(Solimo) knock off of Tresemme moisture rich? Im asking because lately they keep saying the Tresemme is out of stock when its time for my auto delivery. And I'm doing my best to avoid the haircare aisle because ... well yknow.
    I used the same Tresemme moisture rich conditioner until recently. The Suave Deep Moisture conditioner is essentially the same thing and I have used that as well (it's a few pennies cheaper) but I can't stand its coconut "fragrance".
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

Length
    NL/APL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Question about LOC- I currently use Its a Ten leave in and want to start using argan oil as well. From what I understand, I apply the oil after the leave in. My concern is the oil won’t be able to penetrate the leave in conditioner, am I just overthinking this?

Length
    CBL/FTL+/NA
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xoAshley View Post
    Question about LOC- I currently use Its a Ten leave in and want to start using argan oil as well. From what I understand, I apply the oil after the leave in. My concern is the oil won’t be able to penetrate the leave in conditioner, am I just overthinking this?
    I wouldn't worry about it, (IMO) most of the point of LOC is to provide a coating anyway, rather than trying to penetrate the hair shaft. I'd just try it and see if it works for you. You can also always switch up the order if you want.
    46.25" of hair (September 26 2021)
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com