Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jools69 View Post
    Is it normal for hair to take longer to dry after washing out a pre-shampoo oil hair mask, and applying a leave in sealant oil afterwards?
    There may be a little oil left still trying to soak in.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    pixie/KL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Solovey View Post
    Is there any harm in leaving your hair wet for extended amounts of time? Sometimes I braid/curl my hair and it stays semi-damp for up to 24 hours and I don't know if this is damaging or not(My hair feels fine after I take it down, Usually quite soft actually)
    For years until blow-dryers were ubiquitous, my hair regularly took well over 24 hours to air dry. I don't think in and of itself, wet hair is damaging to hair. It's perhaps what is done to it while wet that may be a problem.

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jools69 View Post
    Is it normal for hair to take longer to dry after washing out a pre-shampoo oil hair mask, and applying a leave in sealant oil afterwards?
    Normal. Hair dries faster when it isn't coated in product or oils, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. Personally I find that when my hair dries faster than usual, it means I could be lacking moisture

Length
    22APL/33HL/43CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GoddesJourney View Post
    There may be a little oil left still trying to soak in.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Normal. Hair dries faster when it isn't coated in product or oils, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. Personally I find that when my hair dries faster than usual, it means I could be lacking moisture
    Thanks. My hair was still feeling damp after 5/6 hours and still smelling of olive oil. I ended up washing it again with a clarifying shampoo and it air dried within a few hours.

My hair has always taken a while to dry (I guess thatís low/medium porosity), but I think I put too much oil on it. Next time, Iíll use a lot less.

Length
    BSL/BCL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

On one of my temple, I feel this sensation not easy to explain. It seems like I have a little insect stucked into my roots, but it's just a sensation because I checked several times. It's been two days. Always in the same spot. What could be the reason?
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Is there a special way you polish wooden hair toys? I received mine dull, but rubbed a little silicone and grapeseed oil for shine then buffed it out with a microfiber towel
    Last edited by JasminxCat; September 20th, 2021 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Typo

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    On one of my temple, I feel this sensation not easy to explain. It seems like I have a little insect stucked into my roots, but it's just a sensation because I checked several times. It's been two days. Always in the same spot. What could be the reason?
    BTW late reply but that would be nerves. I get those weird sensations all the time in the same spot

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Is there a special way you polish wooden hair toys? I received mine dull, but rubbed a little silicone and grapeseed oil for shine then buffed it out with a microfiber towel
    I might be inclined to try a wood-safe oil (something that won't go rancid) and then maybe some beeswax? Or something like lemon oil.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I might be inclined to try a wood-safe oil (something that won't go rancid) and then maybe some beeswax? Or something like lemon oil.
    I was worried about the same thing. Maybe something made to polish wood then. I think I might have something

Length
    2/SL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I'm developing a little patch of very short hairs at my hairline, at one side of my forehead. It's literally one short curl of hair at my hairline. Could it be because I sleep face-down on that side of my face? Or would there be another cause for something like that? And how do I fix it? It's very noticeable and really doesn't look good.