Page 2 of 404 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Question from me: a friend told me their hair started growing a little quicker by crushing birth control pills into a powder then adding it to their shampoo will be curious to what you all think of that
    I would be afraid about side effects of something that isn't created to be used on hair and skin. At this point, why not assuming some simple hair growth pills? I mean, that kind of things should be safe.

I was wandering about my 2a waves. I really like them but I noticed that if I use too much mask or if I don't use any styling product, the waves least less then a day. So, can hair be wavier because of dryness? My hair is bleached and damaged . Also with the stylers, the driest they make my hair, the most my waves are defined.
    Without styling products, with the days it becomes straighter but still in clamps.

Question from me: a friend told me their hair started growing a little quicker by crushing birth control pills into a powder then adding it to their shampoo will be curious to what you all think of that
    Why? What would be the point of this? Where is this person even getting birth-control pills to do this with? I assume that where you live, they don't require a prescription and aren't paid for by health insurance?

I also don't imagine the shampoo would spend enough time on the scalp to make a difference anyway.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Please don't do that even if it works. We already have enough water contamination from the urine of people on birth control that is leading to the extinction of underwater species. We don't need straight birth control pills getting flushed down the drain

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Soon your friend will be long-haired and pregnant!

Type
    2a/C/iii

I agree with all of the folks warning against flushing the stuff down the drain. In general, if it's a prescription drug don't mess with it!

Try pre-natal multivitamins, biotin, or MSM.

Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I was wandering about my 2a waves. I really like them but I noticed that if I use too much mask or if I don't use any styling product, the waves least less then a day. So, can hair be wavier because of dryness? My hair is bleached and damaged . Also with the stylers, the driest they make my hair, the most my waves are defined.
    Without styling products, with the days it becomes straighter but still in clamps.
    I am also 2a. My natural waves returned when my hairdresser removed a lot of weight and also damaged ends. Weight is antithetical to waves; perhaps the mask is adding too much weight, and perhaps this is why your hair looks wavier when it is dried out. Also my hair is wavier the first day thanks to the residual moisture from bathing; after a day the residual moisture is evaporated such enough that the texture of my hair is different.

My conjecture is that you should find the right balance between moisture retention and weight. Consider a lighter mask or some other lighter product that still restores the health of your hair. Also look into the curly girl method and cherry pick some techniques that may help you achieve the waves you prefer.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

I'll tell my friend to stop doing that then
    Shoulder+ by my 40th (May 2025)
    Buzz>>>Pixie>>>Chin>>>Shoulder
    Growing to Bleached Terminal

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

A flat out YES! Curly hair is naturally dry and takes extra care to keep its unique texture. Bleach is damaging as you clearly know. It needs protecting. What I discovered is that adding a touch of oil after washing and conditioning can seal in moisture some. Silicones can be very drying for some curlies. Since they are plastic they coat the hair. This seals in moisture but also causes a barrier from moisture getting to your hair so I can’t use them. They only work good about a day for me. What I do now every morning when I get up after detangling is wet my hair with wet hands add a dollop of conditioner to plop into the ends. Since doing this my hair keeps it’s curly texture and is much less dry. Oddly enough it took most of my life to discover this though.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Oh it’s curlier when it’s dried out?
    I misunderstood. Mine is the exact opposite.

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by beha View Post
    I am also 2a. My natural waves returned when my hairdresser removed a lot of weight and also damaged ends. Weight is antithetical to waves; perhaps the mask is adding too much weight, and perhaps this is why your hair looks wavier when it is dried out. Also my hair is wavier the first day thanks to the residual moisture from bathing; after a day the residual moisture is evaporated such enough that the texture of my hair is different.

My conjecture is that you should find the right balance between moisture retention and weight. Consider a lighter mask or some other lighter product that still restores the health of your hair. Also look into the curly girl method and cherry pick some techniques that may help you achieve the waves you prefer.
    Ok I'll look for a lighter mask. I recently converted to WCC (conditioning twice) because I tried and for the first washes my waves looked stronger, but now not anynore (build up?). For sure the damage because of bleaching doesn't help. I don't know how much can the weight be guilty in my situation because my hair is very fine and I have a 3 inches ponytail.