Page 136 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1594

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

  1. #1351
    Member kimgeas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    26
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Hi, could someone recommend hairstyle that utilize longer stick please? I like the "bun eats hairtoy" look but also am eyeing a TT stick that is normally too long for me. Just give me key words and I'll look them up myself. Thanks!

  2. #1352
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,581
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kimgeas View Post
    Hi, could someone recommend hairstyle that utilize longer stick please? I like the "bun eats hairtoy" look but also am eyeing a TT stick that is normally too long for me. Just give me key words and I'll look them up myself. Thanks!
    Depends how long your hair is. Centre-held buns like nautilus or Lazy Wrap will show more of the stick. Helix bun, L-infinty bun, Spock bun all require longer sticks. Orchid bun and Pha bun maybe? Link bun might also need a longer stick.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

  3. #1353
    Member Death-Within-Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Vietnam
    Age
    24
    Posts
    173
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    [MENTION]MusicalSpoons[/MENTION]

    Not a question, but just want to let you know, the fact that your F/M ii hair has reached calf length gives me hope for mine to also go that far.
    ☼ ☽ CL - SL - Collarbone - APL - BSL - WL ☾ ☼ ​
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b76820fe04c7a7abe7460af10e2e58f3/234c604de5aacec4-fe/s2048x3072/889011b4db3765321357dcdf1fe6cb7704e778ff.png



  4. #1354
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,581
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    [MENTION]MusicalSpoons[/MENTION]

    Not a question, but just want to let you know, the fact that your F/M ii hair has reached calf length gives me hope for mine to also go that far.
    Aww thank you, that's really cool to hear My own realistic-hope-inspirations were Sarahlabyrinth with her thinner F ends, and eresh as a ii having been to ankle before; and now ashke50 is giving me hope that mayyybe I might be able to still go a bit further. I look forward to seeing your hair make its way down
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

  5. #1355
    Member kimgeas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    26
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Depends how long your hair is. Centre-held buns like nautilus or Lazy Wrap will show more of the stick. Helix bun, L-infinty bun, Spock bun all require longer sticks. Orchid bun and Pha bun maybe? Link bun might also need a longer stick.
    Thanks! And I checked some of them out and realised that they are most definitely above my bun skill...for now! It's a long way to go.

  6. #1356
    Member Death-Within-Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Vietnam
    Age
    24
    Posts
    173
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Based on my pictures, do you guys agree that my hair is ii, 1b and F?
    ☼ ☽ CL - SL - Collarbone - APL - BSL - WL ☾ ☼ ​
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b76820fe04c7a7abe7460af10e2e58f3/234c604de5aacec4-fe/s2048x3072/889011b4db3765321357dcdf1fe6cb7704e778ff.png



  7. #1357
    Member Finda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    859
    Length
    APL/37/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kimgeas View Post
    Hi, could someone recommend hairstyle that utilize longer stick please? I like the "bun eats hairtoy" look but also am eyeing a TT stick that is normally too long for me. Just give me key words and I'll look them up myself. Thanks!
    For longer sticks I usually do a mirrored version of spidermom's bun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llpyxs6d4o0 or this bun by milady: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuNeqsl8R_U

  8. #1358
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    59,466
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    Based on my pictures, do you guys agree that my hair is ii, 1b and F?
    The "thickness" of an individual strand is, sadly, something you'll have to figure out on your own. If you can barely feel the hair between thumb and index finger, it's F. If you can feel it, it's absolutely normal and coarse, that is more like sewing thread, I think. At least that is how I thought it went. Correct me if I'm wrong, you guys.

    ii? Also something you have to figure out by making a ponytail and measuring the circumference. Based on that you are i, ii, or iii.

    The only thing we *can* help you with is your texture, and for that you will have to make a hairtyping picture according to the guidelines.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  9. #1359
    Member Death-Within-Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Vietnam
    Age
    24
    Posts
    173
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    The "thickness" of an individual strand is, sadly, something you'll have to figure out on your own. If you can barely feel the hair between thumb and index finger, it's F. If you can feel it, it's absolutely normal and coarse, that is more like sewing thread, I think. At least that is how I thought it went. Correct me if I'm wrong, you guys.

    ii? Also something you have to figure out by making a ponytail and measuring the circumference. Based on that you are i, ii, or iii.

    The only thing we *can* help you with is your texture, and for that you will have to make a hairtyping picture according to the guidelines.
    I see. I checked out the guidelines and my adhd got to me and I immediately noped out so it's okay. Needing to know my hair texture isn't thaaaat important to me. ;D

    As for the i ii iii thing, I remeasured my ponytail and it's slightly over 3 inches. I'm assuming that's pretty standard ii?
    ☼ ☽ CL - SL - Collarbone - APL - BSL - WL ☾ ☼ ​
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b76820fe04c7a7abe7460af10e2e58f3/234c604de5aacec4-fe/s2048x3072/889011b4db3765321357dcdf1fe6cb7704e778ff.png



  10. #1360
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    59,466
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    I see. I checked out the guidelines and my adhd got to me and I immediately noped out so it's okay. Needing to know my hair texture isn't thaaaat important to me. ;D

    As for the i ii iii thing, I remeasured my ponytail and it's slightly over 3 inches. I'm assuming that's pretty standard ii?
    According to Fia's system:
    i = 2 inches / 5cm
    ii = 2-4 inches / 5-10 cm
    iii = over 4 inches / 10 cm

    So yes, smack dab in the middle. Not a bad place to be.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •