Page 135 of 404 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 4040

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

I have an iffy tap in the bathroom; in my personal experience, I can't get the conditioner out as easily (especially conditioner) when the water turns cooler (lukewarm) from proper warm. I would follow the directions, honestly. It's on there for a reason.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/HL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    You can rinse it out with cold water but it is known that product rinses out more easily with warmer water. I think you should be fine with rinsing with cold water but make sure you rinse well!
    Yes, I've heard that too which was why I was a bit hesitant regarding this.
    Ok, will try both ways and see what works best for me.
    Thank you so much for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I have an iffy tap in the bathroom; in my personal experience, I can't get the conditioner out as easily (especially conditioner) when the water turns cooler (lukewarm) from proper warm. I would follow the directions, honestly. It's on there for a reason.
    My tap is the exact opposite, it goes from comfortably warm to hot for no good reason and there's no way to adjust it. :/ Which is why I always use a bowl with "pre-made" water for the rinsing.

Yes, but I find my hair's texture worked best when not using warm water.
    So, either I'll have to be really throughout with the rinsing, or simply not using conditioner as often.
    Will try both and see what works best. Possibly go back to using the spray leave-in depending on the result.
    Mistä nyt silloin en luopuiskaan, jos vain saisin olla kanssa sinun
    Jospa sä soisitkin vain hymyn mulle

🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Für immer View Post
    My tap is the exact opposite, it goes from comfortably warm to hot for no good reason and there's no way to adjust it. :/ Which is why I always use a bowl with "pre-made" water for the rinsing.

Yes, but I find my hair's texture worked best when not using warm water.
    So, either I'll have to be really throughout with the rinsing, or simply not using conditioner as often.
    Will try both and see what works best. Possibly go back to using the spray leave-in depending on the result.
    So you previously used only a leave-in? If your hair liked that, you can try not rinsing this one out completely (with cold water), or even add a little bit of dilluted conditioner after rinsing as a leave-in? It depends on how your hair likes it and if your hair gets easily weighted down. I find some regular conditioners double as a leave-in easily, and thorough rinsing (after the hair is already clean, and you washed out the shampoo) is not really necessary.

But if you prefer fully rinsing it out, you could do it with warm water, and then do a brief final rinse with cold water! Or if you ever use something like apple cider vinegar or herbal rinse (that can stay in hair), you could even use the conditioner, wash it out with warm water, and then rinse with ACV/herbs in cold water. There's plenty of options!
    Last edited by ynne; February 28th, 2021 at 03:02 AM.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'm having a hard time finding a hair fork that holds my hair in place. I've tried my new Buffalo horn hair fork today but it doesn't hold at all, my buns slip right now. It's 1.4" in width. Would the prongs being closer together help? And how is wood compared to plastic/horn, is there more grip?

*Edit*
    I started going in at a different angle and now it stays in place. I guess it has to do with how you angle it then? I came in towards my scalp, then lifted up closer to the center of my bun which made the prongs stretch enough to hold a good amount of hair in between them firmly, if that makes sense. I'm new to hair forks so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right
    Last edited by JasminxCat; February 28th, 2021 at 10:40 PM.

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding a hair fork that holds my hair in place. I've tried my new Buffalo horn hair fork today but it doesn't hold at all, my buns slip right now. It's 1.4" in width. Would the prongs being closer together help? And how is wood compared to plastic/horn, is there more grip?

*Edit*
    I started going in at a different angle and now it stays in place. I guess it has to do with how you angle it then? I came in towards my scalp, then lifted up closer to the center of my bun which made the prongs stretch enough to hold a good amount of hair in between them firmly, if that makes sense. I'm new to hair forks so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right
    Angles are definitely the answer to keeping my buns in place, especially if my hair is clean as its super slippery
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Can I call MBL yet??? The angles are confusing me, also I don't quite know where it is :confused

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Well, despite the markers, it looks like it is smack dab the middle of your back, so IMO: yes! Congrats!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Is there a way to prevent single strand knots? Suddenly I have quite a few of them!

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    Can I call MBL yet??? The angles are confusing me, also I don't quite know where it is :confused

IMO yes. Congratulations!

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Well, despite the markers, it looks like it is smack dab the middle of your back, so IMO: yes! Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    IMO yes. Congratulations!
    YESSSS! I am hyped... Time to upset my signature.