Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1369

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    22/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    It'll get better with practice, don't worry c: At my length, a cinnabun holds with just one hair stick or one hair fork, and usually well enough that I can forget about it for most of the day.

(There are still days when hair decides not to cooperate, and even on a good day it can take a few tries to get it "right". It's a lot easier than 3 months ago when I first tried updos like that, though!)
    I guess some days it just refuses to agree! glad it'll be easier
    CL ~ SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic
    No trim & no bleach from 11/10/2020

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post

Do you think there's a reason why that happens? I never had that problem before and it's making me super annoyed because my hair is always getting stuck in itself and I'm no longer able to run my hands through it without getting stuck T_T.
    I think it's just the way our type of hair act.
    Other than that, I qoute what MusicalSpoons said.
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    22/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

What are the smaller, flat, hair sticks called? I am trying to work out whats best for my hair haah
    CL ~ SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic
    No trim & no bleach from 11/10/2020

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you understand how much conditioner to use? My hair when wet is extremely soft, all of it. I know the amount of conditioner that works by watching it, but I often wonder if I'm estimating right.
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but how do you understand how much conditioner to use? My hair when wet is extremely soft, all of it. I know the amount of conditioner that works by watching it, but I often wonder if I'm estimating right.
    I just "butter up" my length. I mean I coat it like I would put butter or mayo on bread. So no globbing it on, just smearing it out over the length; that's all I use.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I've heard the 'like seaweed' analogy, although I squeeze out too much water for it to feel like that. For me, I ... hm, how to explain this? I wondered if I was using too little, so I added a bit more and it felt thoroughly coated. I then one time tried adding more but there comes a point when it's too much to stay on my hair, and more than the usual amount stayed on my hands and/or some slid off. And the right amount means good slip, too, which is pretty much what alerted me to the fact I needed to use more.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    SL/Knee/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I stop when the conditioner starts falling out of my hair. I probably use to much but I’d rather use too much than not enough.
    Hello

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I do always, always squeeze out the water before putting on conditioner. If you don't do that, it won't "stick". It was mentioned on a conditioner bottle a long long long time ago, can't even remember the brand long so ever since I do that and it works so much better, for me at least. Makes the product "stick" better, for me. YMMV thing I'm sure!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    HL/TBL+/FTL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I do always, always squeeze out the water before putting on conditioner. If you don't do that, it won't "stick". It was mentioned on a conditioner bottle a long long long time ago, can't even remember the brand long so ever since I do that and it works so much better, for me at least. Makes the product "stick" better, for me. YMMV thing I'm sure!
    For me, it didn't make any difference in terms of effect. The only difference was that the conditioner was easier to apply on soaking wet hair, and I ended up using less product than on squeezed or towel-dried hair.

Then, to actually answer Bri-Chan's question, I do pretty much exactly like Dragon and Spoons. I mostly add conditioner to my lengths my hair won't "accept" any more and it'll just stick to my hands instead. Then, whatever is left on my hands, I brush into the virgin part, which does not care for conditioner too much.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    For me, it didn't make any difference in terms of effect. The only difference was that the conditioner was easier to apply on soaking wet hair, and I ended up using less product than on squeezed or towel-dried hair.

Then, to actually answer Bri-Chan's question, I do pretty much exactly like Dragon and Spoons. I mostly add conditioner to my lengths my hair won't "accept" any more and it'll just stick to my hands instead. Then, whatever is left on my hands, I brush into the virgin part, which does not care for conditioner too much.
    I tried that, and although I used less conditioner, there was plenty of watery conditioner dripping off while I was letting it sit, and it didn't hold in the bun very well. I don't remember the effect or how it compared with squeezing out the water, but it was so inconvenient it just wasn't worth repeating!

For usual application I just know how much is the right amount, and occasionally if it feels it needs a bit more I will add small amounts slowly so that I don't end up wasting any - I apply it to my whole lengths and my roots don't need it, and the occasional time I've had some slide off or I've had lots left on my hands that I can't use, I hate that feeling of just having to wash it down the drain! I almost feel guilty just because it is a waste.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness