Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2b / M / ii Twins out there? Good routine?

Length
    3/28"/36-40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm answering because I'm a similar type although I don't know of anyone else who does my routine.

I own several bottles of the older V05 products both S&C

I wash about 1.4 times per month. Depending on my mood for that day I do either S&C or just C.

I have most often used V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze.

Length
    -/19/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

My hair is wavy and has been bleached...more than once.

It's a joy, let me tell you. It's a constant fight against frizz. Here are some things that work fairly well to beat my hair into submission:

shampoo--Suave Naturals Coconut (really creamy and nondrying.) Giovanni Tea Tree (sulphate free and it actually cleans my hair despite that, but can be drying with frequent use because of the tt oil)

conditioner--Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

oils-- EVOO (works the best for me, use on wet hair as a leave in and for overnight treatments), shea butter (I used this heavily after I bleached my hair and it worked wonders), emu oil (has a non greasy, cone-like affect on my hair)

misc-- ACV rinses, occasional use of cones, satin sleep cap (really reduces frizz), braids (to create an actual pattern to the waves in my hair, protect it from damage, and to keep the current damage relatively out of sight and out of mind)
    Last edited by cutastrophe; May 22nd, 2008 at 06:40 PM.

~Hopeless Ficcare and hair dye addict~

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I just thought I'd share my routine as well.

It's very simple, just consisting of CV Shampoo bars (followed by ACV rinses) and Coconut Oil when needed. I gently comb my hair once or twice a day with a wooden comb and usually keep it in a bun or a braid (unless it is drying). I cannot say how great the shampoo bars have been, reducing my shedding, adding fullness, and overall adding to its health. HTH!

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

purple bubba- i wish i could do that to my hair! If i don't wash it in 3 days it just falls out. So i am currently washing 2-3 times a week and i'll be tossing in a few WO here or there, I'm going to see how my hair likes it. I want to have a more natural routine. If nature made something really moisturising to replace conditioner i wouldn't use it, but it doesn't (not even honey cuts it)
    cutastrophe - haha, Mine too has been bleached 2 x in the past. So i have an extremely singed canopy from at home highlights. I shouldn't have done that.... I repeatedly dyed my hair once ever few months for ages, just to change the colour.
    i use suave naturals/pears (same thing) in conditioner because it is cheap!

When your hair dries does it get frizzy?
    I get waves and then frizz also!?

SweetPea88 - shampoo bars left a residue in my hair and just left it weird feeling while washing. I think its pH was too high...so now i herbal wash. It is ok i suppose. I wish i could find something to stop my hair shedding at its natural pace (165 a day) . I love buns!
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: 2b / M / ii Twins out there? Good routine?

I just started cones again, and my hair is much flatter and sleeker and softer. Just the last wash i was able to comb, with slight difficulty, without oils. Normally this isn't possible. With each wash it is getting easier to comb....now i realise why they invented cones!!!
    I still am dreading the day i clarify, i'm scared to see all the hair ripped and dry!!! Ah!
    Any of you guys have a similar reaction?
    I actually liked my hair better without cones, because my hair is thin from breakage, it looked fluffier before.
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    ?/20/27
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have 2bc Mii hair... and I tell you I don't know what the heck it wants. It's really easy to overmoisturize it, but it can easily get dry and frizzy looking. It seems to do better with conditioners, but I get a bit more lost hairs with conditioner. Herbal washes work pretty well on my hair (I do tea and rosemary) but they kind of make it smell a tad musty (I'm big on hair smelling nice).

I have to admit that I liked my hair on cones too - brought out my spirals quite nicely although my hair was still quite frizzy - but now that I'm off them I wonder if they weren't just damaging my hair even as they were making it look nicer, because when I went off them my hair suddenly got limp and scraggly looking even though I was treating it very well.

I try to keep relatively low maintenance with my hair. I condition/shampoo/condition and comb it when it's dry and then keep it out of my face. I don't put any heat on it, even diffusers I use only rarely. I give myself scalp massages. This is a very good hair type and capable of lots of beauty but mess with it too much and it just doesn't look quite right.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Just like above poster, mine is extremely finicky with moisture. it likes oils, but gets greasy looking really easily, and I have no idea about protein. My hair seems to want it sometimes, but then it doesn't seem to do a whole lot with it.

Basically, I'm in the same boat as you. I don't know what my hair wants. I tried no cones for a while, but after a few weeks when I could not run a comb through my hair to save my life and it as falling out in handfulls... I went back to cones, and my hair is fine now. I don't really know how often I wash, probably every 3 or 4 days but I don't pay that much attention, just wash it when it need sit, which is usually when I accidentally over oil it. I've been using Garnier Fructise products, and have been using a Henna n' Placenta spray leave in at night along with a little bit of Kimberlily's defrizz spray. My hair seems to soak up both the protien and the moisture when done simultaneously, through the cones and all, so it's working for me for right now.

You've about the same length as me and I think this has something to do with it too, though I can't really explain the logic behind that thought. My hair seems to get manipulated a lot because of where it falls, it easily falls over my shoulders still, and rubs on the part of my back that is above my waist line. I'm not sure if that made any sense whatsoever.

I, too, wanted to try the natural route, henna, no cones, no sulphates, oil, etc. but I find my hair just doesn't like it. It falls out in handfuls after henna and no cones, and I don't see any improvement in body, shine, anything like some do. So, I'm back to regular old PPD dye and cones. I've gotten to where I don't care as long as I can rake a comb through it.

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have the same problems as Ohio Sky. My hair doesn't know what it wants from me. I can do all the "right things" and it will look fried. I haven't touched a blow dryer in so long, and my hair has yet to thank me for it!

I feel like wavy hair really begs to be long. Which is good when it's actually long, not so good when it's above BSL. Straight hair or curly hair look much better at all lengths (IMO). This, combined with the fact that my hair hates most products, has resigned me to updos most of the time for now.
    Last edited by Tangles; July 22nd, 2008 at 03:14 PM.

Well, my routine is probably one that most wouldn't use but works great for me. Luvs me the cones. I use Aussie Mega shampoo and condish, and I CWC. I wash every other day, only shampooing the scalp. Then I use a leave in, either the V05 detangling spray or the Garnier fructis leave in condish. Henna the roots every month or so. Usually have it in a hairstick or braid during the day. Only blow dry the fringe around my face a bit. Very rarely have splits anymore, I think because I use leave-ins with 'slip' and my hair doesn't get tangled or damaged. I'm really happy with how my hair is, though my routine isn't really the norm at LHC, lol.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

There's nothing wrong with cones, neenerbabe.

I love the Aussie line, and Garnier Fructis products. Aussie smells really good, too. I like the Moist products, I've never tried Mega, but I love their leave in and 3 Minute Miracle is great.

For me, and maybe it's just because of dye damage, but cones are a must, apparently.