Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Happy Tuesday :)

  1. #1
    New Member Aemorniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    0
    Length
    Pixie/17.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

    Default Happy Tuesday :)

    Hi everyone,

    I've been a long-time lurker here; I'm not sure if I've ever even posted. But this forum helped me find a lot of resources the last time I was working on growing out my hair, including NightBloomingGarden and HairJems on Etsy. I got to APL last time around, but then my dad died and I went on a bit of a hair-dyeing, hair-chopping spree. In April last year I cut my hair to a pixie to get rid of the damage, and I've been growing it out ever since.

    Since I've been growing out my hair now for about a year, I decided I could trust myself to get serious about growing out my hair again, and that it might be a good idea to have somewhere to post my progress. My hair is now a long bob (17 inches from hairline) and I'd love to get to waist-length (32 inches on me), but I really just want to grow it to terminal, which I'm aware might be shorter. I have dark-blonde wavy hair naturally, and I like having light-blonde straight hair, so I try to be gentle with the straighteners (only use them every other day if possible, never on wet hair) and only get my roots touched up every 8 weeks (no bleach, just lightener). I'm hoping once my hair is long enough for hair sticks again, I can keep the ends better protected.

    Anywho, nice to be back! It was nice just to measure my hair length today and realize I am "halfway" to 32... though I know it doesn't work that easily in practice, haha.

  2. #2
    New Member Aemorniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    0
    Length
    Pixie/17.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)

    Oh no, I posted this in the wrong forum <facepalm>

    Can someone please move it to the Intros for me... what an embarrassing way to start...

  3. #3
    Glitter fairy Chromis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    9,646
    Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

    Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)



    Welcome aboard!

    From zero to hero

    All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

  4. #4
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    54,603
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aemorniel View Post
    Since I've been growing out my hair now for about a year, I decided I could trust myself to get serious about growing out my hair again, and that it might be a good idea to have somewhere to post my progress. My hair is now a long bob (17 inches from hairline) and I'd love to get to waist-length (32 inches on me), but I really just want to grow it to terminal, which I'm aware might be shorter. I have dark-blonde wavy hair naturally, and I like having light-blonde straight hair, so I try to be gentle with the straighteners (only use them every other day if possible, never on wet hair) and only get my roots touched up every 8 weeks (no bleach, just lightener). I'm hoping once my hair is long enough for hair sticks again, I can keep the ends better protected.

    Anywho, nice to be back! It was nice just to measure my hair length today and realize I am "halfway" to 32... though I know it doesn't work that easily in practice, haha.
    Never on wet hair = *very* good. I have wrecked my hair straightening it when damp.
    But once every other day, is still a *lot* of heat. That is often.

    Also, bleach & lightener are the very same, if I'm not mistaken.

    Anyway, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're posting.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  5. #5
    New Member Aemorniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    0
    Length
    Pixie/17.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post



    Welcome aboard!

    Thanks Chromis!


    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Never on wet hair = *very* good. I have wrecked my hair straightening it when damp.
    But once every other day, is still a *lot* of heat. That is often.

    Okay - in that case I need to check out the shoulder-length updo forum and see if I can start keeping my hair up asap. I always air-dry it, which can lead to weird results with wavy hair!


    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Also, bleach & lightener are the very same, if I'm not mistaken.

    I hope not!! My hairstylist knows I don't want to bleach my hair and promised me this wasn't bleach. I will have to check what product she uses and do my own research...


    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Anyway, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're posting.

    Thank you!

  6. #6
    ^ YLVA, not YIVA! Ylva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Finland/Norway
    Posts
    6,435
    Length
    HL/BCL+/~CL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)

    Welcome!

    There is no way to lighten hair without damage. I don't know what your hairdresser means but that sounds very strange. It might be a high-lift dye, in which case it's not bleach as we know it, but it still does the same thing, resulting in damage.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

  7. #7
    New Member Aemorniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    0
    Length
    Pixie/17.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Welcome!

    There is no way to lighten hair without damage. I don't know what your hairdresser means but that sounds very strange. It might be a high-lift dye, in which case it's not bleach as we know it, but it still does the same thing, resulting in damage.
    Thanks Ylva!

    "High-lift dye" sounds right, so I looked it up and and I saw it is a big misconception that it's not very damaging even more of a reason to stop using heat and start doing updos. Probably need to get to oiling the ends sooner rather than later too...

  8. #8
    Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,822
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

    Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)

    Welcome! Don't be embarassed, we all done worse than posting in the wrong section
    Pixie!- Shingle - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder...

  9. #9
    I have Houdini-hair TatsuOni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,522
    Length
    0.25/48/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

    Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)

    Welcome!


    Home is where the heart is


  10. #10
    Member Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Ass-crack of Hell
    Age
    35
    Posts
    252
    Length
    5/12/40

    Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aemorniel View Post
    Oh no, I posted this in the wrong forum <facepalm>

    Can someone please move it to the Intros for me... what an embarrassing way to start...
    Don't feel bad I joined up with the wrong username! That's awesome you are half way too your first goal! That's something to celebrate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •