Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Tuesday :)

Length
    Pixie/17.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Happy Tuesday :)

Hi everyone,

I've been a long-time lurker here; I'm not sure if I've ever even posted. But this forum helped me find a lot of resources the last time I was working on growing out my hair, including NightBloomingGarden and HairJems on Etsy. I got to APL last time around, but then my dad died and I went on a bit of a hair-dyeing, hair-chopping spree. In April last year I cut my hair to a pixie to get rid of the damage, and I've been growing it out ever since.

Since I've been growing out my hair now for about a year, I decided I could trust myself to get serious about growing out my hair again, and that it might be a good idea to have somewhere to post my progress. My hair is now a long bob (17 inches from hairline) and I'd love to get to waist-length (32 inches on me), but I really just want to grow it to terminal, which I'm aware might be shorter. I have dark-blonde wavy hair naturally, and I like having light-blonde straight hair, so I try to be gentle with the straighteners (only use them every other day if possible, never on wet hair) and only get my roots touched up every 8 weeks (no bleach, just lightener). I'm hoping once my hair is long enough for hair sticks again, I can keep the ends better protected.

Anywho, nice to be back! It was nice just to measure my hair length today and realize I am "halfway" to 32... though I know it doesn't work that easily in practice, haha.

Length
    Pixie/17.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Happy Tuesday :)

Oh no, I posted this in the wrong forum <facepalm>

Can someone please move it to the Intros for me... what an embarrassing way to start...

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Welcome aboard!

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aemorniel View Post
    Since I've been growing out my hair now for about a year, I decided I could trust myself to get serious about growing out my hair again, and that it might be a good idea to have somewhere to post my progress. My hair is now a long bob (17 inches from hairline) and I'd love to get to waist-length (32 inches on me), but I really just want to grow it to terminal, which I'm aware might be shorter. I have dark-blonde wavy hair naturally, and I like having light-blonde straight hair, so I try to be gentle with the straighteners (only use them every other day if possible, never on wet hair) and only get my roots touched up every 8 weeks (no bleach, just lightener). I'm hoping once my hair is long enough for hair sticks again, I can keep the ends better protected.

Anywho, nice to be back! It was nice just to measure my hair length today and realize I am "halfway" to 32... though I know it doesn't work that easily in practice, haha.
    Never on wet hair = *very* good. I have wrecked my hair straightening it when damp.
    But once every other day, is still a *lot* of heat. That is often.

Also, bleach & lightener are the very same, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're posting.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/17.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post

Welcome aboard!

Thanks Chromis!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Never on wet hair = *very* good. I have wrecked my hair straightening it when damp.
    But once every other day, is still a *lot* of heat. That is often.

Okay - in that case I need to check out the shoulder-length updo forum and see if I can start keeping my hair up asap. I always air-dry it, which can lead to weird results with wavy hair!

Also, bleach & lightener are the very same, if I'm not mistaken.

I hope not!! My hairstylist knows I don't want to bleach my hair and promised me this wasn't bleach. I will have to check what product she uses and do my own research...

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're posting.

Thank you!

Length
    HL/BCL+/~CL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Welcome!

There is no way to lighten hair without damage. I don't know what your hairdresser means but that sounds very strange. It might be a high-lift dye, in which case it's not bleach as we know it, but it still does the same thing, resulting in damage.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    Pixie/17.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Welcome!

There is no way to lighten hair without damage. I don't know what your hairdresser means but that sounds very strange. It might be a high-lift dye, in which case it's not bleach as we know it, but it still does the same thing, resulting in damage.
    Thanks Ylva!

"High-lift dye" sounds right, so I looked it up and and I saw it is a big misconception that it's not very damaging even more of a reason to stop using heat and start doing updos. Probably need to get to oiling the ends sooner rather than later too...

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Welcome! Don't be embarassed, we all done worse than posting in the wrong section
    Pixie!- Shingle - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder...

Length
    0.25/48/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Welcome!

Home is where the heart is

Length
    5/12/40

Quote Originally Posted by Aemorniel View Post
    Oh no, I posted this in the wrong forum <facepalm>

Can someone please move it to the Intros for me... what an embarrassing way to start...
    Don't feel bad I joined up with the wrong username! That's awesome you are half way too your first goal! That's something to celebrate