Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trying henna for the first time *holding my breath!!!!*

Default Re: Trying henna for the first time *holding my breath!!!!*

I can't tell if this is more oxidation or if it's just a better photo, but this looks a lot truer to what I'm seeing in person.

I find if the camera sees too much of my hair, it goes all neon-y, but if I just show it around my face, it doesn't get as whacky.

It's still very orange in sunlight, but it's calmed down quite a bit. I'll keep trying to get photos that show what I'm seeing.

Last edited by Bellalla; May 5th, 2020 at 06:43 AM.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Ok ladies, this henna is absolutely beautiful. I really expected traffic cone orange since I was nearly platinum blonde but its a amazing rich orange that I love. After it oxidizes, it should be perfect. It probably is a bit too orange for some people but I like it that way. Pics when dry.

I did message the henna guys and ask what kind of henna this is. Its obviously different then my old jamila. It turned much oranger the longer it dye released. It a very find mill and was super smooth/easy to work with.

Edit:
    so these are still wet and in the sun. Its not quite bright irl and has a bit more copper to it. The close picture with the weird red bits is where I had pink dye at my nape.

What a gorgeous sheen! Looks like Starfire
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bellalla View Post
    I can't tell if this is more oxidation or if it's just a better photo, but this looks a lot truer to what I'm seeing in person.

I find if the camera sees too much of my hair, it goes all nein-y, but if I just show it around my face, it doesn't get as whacky.

It's still very orange in sunlight, but it's calmed down quite a bit. I'll keep trying to get photos that show what I'm seeing.

Love this pretty copper! Looks like a pre-raphaelite painting, with your skintone
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    Love this pretty copper! Looks like a pre-raphaelite painting, with your skintone
    The colour really works well with my translucent Scandinavian skin and dark blue eyes. It doesn't look nearly as natural and subtle as the light copper did, that colour was really quite perfect, but subtle just isn't my thing, at least not while I'm still young enough to have bold tones look flattering.

My hair also feels soooooo nice! I know that part of the henna conditioning is temporary, but man, it feels so smooth.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Henna conditioning is not temporary. In fact, its cumulative. If you were to go darker with more whole head applications, your hair would only get softer and smoother.

I can feel the difference in my dry bleached too, ots considerably softer. When I had virgin hair under my henna, my hairdresser would play with my hair, telling everyone in the shop how soft it was.
    I can't wait until she is open again and sees that I went back to henna. I think I broke her heart when I decided to go natural 2 years ago and cut it all off.

Your color does look good with your skintone. My eldest daughter is a redhead with pale pink skin and blue eyes.

Here is this mornings picture. Its done oxidizing, not sure its any different from yesterday.
    https://imgur.com/a/NxImTOs
    Last edited by Obsidian; May 5th, 2020 at 07:50 AM.

I was reading a post of Nightshade's that said that part of the conditioning from henna is a waxy layer that wears off after 4ish weeks, that this layer is similar to what you get from a sedr treatment and is different from the cumulative lawsone binding to the hair protein.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

That anyone would like that waxy residue is very surprising to me. I think its the worse part of henna, I spend the first week actively clarifying my hair to remove most of the residue.

It feels like a heavy buildup and makes my hair look greasier then normal. My scalp gets a bit itchy too until its been shampooed a couple times. Strange how hair is so different person to person.

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Here is this mornings picture. Its done oxidizing, not sure its any different from yesterday.
    https://imgur.com/a/NxImTOs
    That turned out beautiful!