Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair goals: Youtuber Edition

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Hair goals: Youtuber Edition

Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    Just discovered a new channel and thought I'd share. Tibees (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC52...8-acFOuogFl5jw) primarily does videos about mathematics, physics and academia in general, but she also has knee-length blonde hair and incorporates her hair into some of her videos! Her videos are very informative and soothing to watch, and her hair is definitely goals!
    What a wonderful channel altogether! Thank you for sharing!

I really like the colour difference between the top layer of her hair and the nape hair!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

You're welcome Ylva
    - I will cut my hair once I am defeated in battle -
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/Chin/WL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I too am a fan of holistichabits' hair but not her "magic rocks deal". (Great way to put it, haha.) It does also feel that her hair/skincare routines seem to be of the "step one: be wealthy" variety at times.

Silvousplaits was who actually made me decide to grow my hair back out. I want to be able to do cool braids and updos with my hair like she does on her channel, and her hair is really pretty.

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SelenVinland View Post
    I too am a fan of holistichabits' hair but not her "magic rocks deal". (Great way to put it, haha.) It does also feel that her hair/skincare routines seem to be of the "step one: be wealthy" variety at times.

Silvousplaits was who actually made me decide to grow my hair back out. I want to be able to do cool braids and updos with my hair like she does on her channel, and her hair is really pretty.
    I definitely relate to this post I too find holistichabits a bit useless to watch (unless I just feeling like staring at her gorgeous hair), simply because her routine and hair thickness are both unachievable for me.

And I am also a big fan of Silvousplaits! Game of Thrones was really the first thing that got me interested in growing my hair long, and her tutorials are so helpful!
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

Hmm I always loved Coffee And Makeup's hair, that was my inspo. And SarahLabyrinth!!
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover

Length
    Pixie/Chin/WL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    I definitely relate to this post I too find holistichabits a bit useless to watch (unless I just feeling like staring at her gorgeous hair), simply because her routine and hair thickness are both unachievable for me.
    I did take ONE part of a routine from holistichabits, which is that I bought one of those hair drying turbans that she shows in some of her videos. And honestly, it's fantastic. But the second she mentions some expensive oil my eyes glaze over. Her hair sure is pretty though.

Some of the talk of Coffee and Makeup also made me remember that Coffee and Makeup is who directed me to this community, actually! She mentioned the Long Hair Community in one of her videos so I looked it up. Her hair is definitely Goals.

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

I did take ONE part of a routine from holistichabits, which is that I bought one of those hair drying turbans that she shows in some of her videos. And honestly, it's fantastic. But the second she mentions some expensive oil my eyes glaze over. Her hair sure is pretty though.

Some of the talk of Coffee and Makeup also made me remember that Coffee and Makeup is who directed me to this community, actually! She mentioned the Long Hair Community in one of her videos so I looked it up. Her hair is definitely Goals.
    She brought me here too! So sad she's disappeared! I don't follow her on Instagram, has anyone seen her around there?
    [Shaved | Pixie |Chin | Shoulder | APL |BSL | Waist | Onward...]

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Haha same! It was her mention of the LHC that finally convinced me to make an account!

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens18 View Post
    She brought me here too! So sad she's disappeared! I don't follow her on Instagram, has anyone seen her around there?
    On her last youtube video she commented this about a year ago:
    "Hi friends! Please read this comment:
    For everyone who has been worried, please know that I am safe and happy! A few months ago, I decided to take a mental health break from YouTube and Instagram, because social media was feeling more draining than rewarding. After having some time away, I've felt much better and realized that this hobby of YouTube has run its course for me. I've decided to stay "unplugged" and use my energy and free time for different hobbies.

I had originally wanted to say all this in a video, but I don't want you, my YT friends, to worry until then. I know it has been an abrupt change, and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to personally say goodbye to the many close friends I have made here. I will still be periodically checking my email - coffeenmakeup@gmail.com so feel free to reach out there to touch base or even if you just have questions on my videos.

Thank you so much to all the lovely people who have joined me on my journey here! Your kindness and affirmations were so meaningful, and I hope I was able to return the favor, at least in a small way."

So, sounds like she made the choice to leave for a positive reason. I miss her stuff too, but I totally get wanting to spend more time on other things.

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurab View Post
    On her last youtube video she commented this about a year ago:
    "Hi friends! Please read this comment:
    For everyone who has been worried, please know that I am safe and happy! A few months ago, I decided to take a mental health break from YouTube and Instagram, because social media was feeling more draining than rewarding. After having some time away, I've felt much better and realized that this hobby of YouTube has run its course for me. I've decided to stay "unplugged" and use my energy and free time for different hobbies.

I had originally wanted to say all this in a video, but I don't want you, my YT friends, to worry until then. I know it has been an abrupt change, and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to personally say goodbye to the many close friends I have made here. I will still be periodically checking my email - coffeenmakeup@gmail.com so feel free to reach out there to touch base or even if you just have questions on my videos.

Thank you so much to all the lovely people who have joined me on my journey here! Your kindness and affirmations were so meaningful, and I hope I was able to return the favor, at least in a small way."

So, sounds like she made the choice to leave for a positive reason. I miss her stuff too, but I totally get wanting to spend more time on other things.
    I hear that, and I'm glad she's doing what's right for her! But it's for sure sad, I find it difficult to find content like hers that feels more down to Earth and relatable, no $500 magic rocks, no naturally gorgeous a** length Brazillian hair, no blunt refusal to accept the reality of her hair type, just good information and pretty, but somewhat attainable hair. I'm sure someone new will pop up eventually who has the sort of "realness" I like to see in a hair YouTuber.
    [Shaved | Pixie |Chin | Shoulder | APL |BSL | Waist | Onward...]