Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Light cool olive skin people, what color is your hair? (dyed or natural)

Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Light cool olive skin people, what color is your hair? (dyed or natural)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Oh thank you so much for answering!

Why don't you just go with your natural color. Always nice and healthy and much better (and no dye upkeep). Have you thought about that. Your natural color is probably there for a reason. It took me a long time to accept though (near to going gray) that my own color is the best for my complexion.
    I agree, I have spent almost my entire life with my natural color Really, I am just curious to see what others do
    I got it lightened 1 level once, then figured, I could play around with it since it's lighter, and colored over, and after that wanted to go back to just normal (was too used to normal!) but the hairdresser made a massive mess and bleached my hair blonde somehow. That's been about two years ago and now I'm slowly growing that out but in the meantime the parts that were bleached keep lightening back and I have to constantly cover them (with non damaging dyes, such as Adore or Arctic Fox). So I figure I might as wel try different things (without lightening any more; with hendigo I got my hair back to a 3-4; naturally it is a 2-3). But basically through these hair messes is how I realized that I am olive and have to be careful with what colors I wear! So it's all very interesting to me to hear others' experiences.

I understand what you say about accepting your natural color. I used to love my near black hair, completely ashy and colorless - but ever since being an adult I've started to hate it. I've become a colorful person and it doesn't do my personality justice. To the point that people ask me 'why do you dye your hair black?' (which I don't haha) or, 'why don't you pick something brighter, you look like an angry old witch but you're so not!'....
    But also, it is very much a constant reminder of my origins and a side of my family that I don't want to think about. On one side of my family it's all pale faces and red hair; on the other it's hispanic genes, which is what I pulled of course. I have nothing against hispanics of course! It is just that I don't have good experiences with that side of my family and don't want to carry them on my face hair and etc. I feel like I was born black in a white family - like I don't quite fit because of my coloring and hair. In truth, part of my whiter family rejected me for decades for that very reason. So my relationship to my looks has changed from 'I love dark and mysterious' to 'why can't I be like the rest of my family and the people of my community' - but mind you I live a continent away so it shouldn't really matter haha! But some emotional wounds make it matter still. Even though most of my friends are hispanic etc. But by this point I just want my natural back. All I'd do to it is slap some arctic fox to get a tint of color whenever I get bored and basta.

Anyways - thanks for your time!

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Light cool olive skin people, what color is your hair? (dyed or natural)

Hmm i thought I was a light olive skin tone one but my wrist veins are unmistakable blue. Actually, on my arms, legs and neck too. I tan easily and I don't know if I burn because I religiously protect my skin from the sun. My undertones are pink... so, let's just say, it's complicated.
    We Iberians are a mix of celtic with moors and more...My hair is auburn, my eyes are brown with green. Don't know what you call that.
    I am of the opinion your natural colour is the one that, in the long run, will suit you the best. Of course that does not prevent you from dying your hair whatever colour strikes your fancy.
    Last edited by Ligeia Noire; March 28th, 2020 at 02:27 PM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Offie View Post
    I agree, I have spent almost my entire life with my natural color Really, I am just curious to see what others do
    I got it lightened 1 level once, then figured, I could play around with it since it's lighter, and colored over, and after that wanted to go back to just normal (was too used to normal!) but the hairdresser made a massive mess and bleached my hair blonde somehow. That's been about two years ago and now I'm slowly growing that out but in the meantime the parts that were bleached keep lightening back and I have to constantly cover them (with non damaging dyes, such as Adore or Arctic Fox). So I figure I might as wel try different things (without lightening any more; with hendigo I got my hair back to a 3-4; naturally it is a 2-3). But basically through these hair messes is how I realized that I am olive and have to be careful with what colors I wear! So it's all very interesting to me to hear others' experiences.

I understand what you say about accepting your natural color. I used to love my near black hair, completely ashy and colorless - but ever since being an adult I've started to hate it. I've become a colorful person and it doesn't do my personality justice. To the point that people ask me 'why do you dye your hair black?' (which I don't haha) or, 'why don't you pick something brighter, you look like an angry old witch but you're so not!'....
    But also, it is very much a constant reminder of my origins and a side of my family that I don't want to think about. On one side of my family it's all pale faces and red hair; on the other it's hispanic genes, which is what I pulled of course. I have nothing against hispanics of course! It is just that I don't have good experiences with that side of my family and don't want to carry them on my face hair and etc. I feel like I was born black in a white family - like I don't quite fit because of my coloring and hair. In truth, part of my whiter family rejected me for decades for that very reason. So my relationship to my looks has changed from 'I love dark and mysterious' to 'why can't I be like the rest of my family and the people of my community' - but mind you I live a continent away so it shouldn't really matter haha! But some emotional wounds make it matter still. Even though most of my friends are hispanic etc. But by this point I just want my natural back. All I'd do to it is slap some arctic fox to get a tint of color whenever I get bored and basta.

Anyways - thanks for your time!
    Ow that's not very nice to say to you!

That's so sad about that side of the family. I have historic Spanish roots, and so far the only "joke" in the family is that's where all the "good" (thick) hair came from. Nobody is really serious about it because of course not all Spanish people have thick hair. It's as varied as any other population, and maybe that's what you need to keep in mind. Hispanic people come in all shapes and sizes!

Don't work that "anger" out on your own hair. I mean that that side of the family, to you, is not "all that" is just fine, but there's no reason you need to be unaccepting of your own features because of it. It's a hard way to travel, and a tough lesson to learn. I get it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1a/F/i

All you say is exactly true. Especially since I love those styles on other people still! So really I make no sense in this regard. I think it's just, judgment from people close to me made me start to see it ON ME as the problem they see it as. Meanwhile I've always had a thing for dark hair and tan skin on others and used to like it on me. Definitely some thinking I have to do over all this haha.

But yeah, I am regrowing 100% natural now and not going to bleach or color, except like I said very teporary stuff (veggie dyes on unbleached hair don't stay).

Thanks again

Length
    SL/WL/WL/HL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Hmm reading this I think I'm a cool olive!
    I've always had some trouble defining my skin tone, since it's very light with no redness to it. I did realise I have olive tones since I tend to look yellowish. I also find that I tan easily, but have a "light tan". It's a bit unusual, it's like I look really dark but comparing to others I'm still quite white. Kind of a muted, ashy tan.
    My hair colour is a very dark blonde, or more of a light brown with golden reflexes. I do currently henna it, around 1/2x a month. It's a very subtle orange tint. I find that it really suits my skin!

I had to look it up and found Loepsie did a blog post on it: http://loepsie.com/2017/05/pale-oliv...one-struggles/

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Spirals, that's great. Loepsie looks like a good example of cool olive fair skin. It's hard to tell because she matches clothing and make-up colors to her skintone so well, all I can see Is a healthy complexion.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Offie View Post
    All you say is exactly true. Especially since I love those styles on other people still! So really I make no sense in this regard. I think it's just, judgment from people close to me made me start to see it ON ME as the problem they see it as. Meanwhile I've always had a thing for dark hair and tan skin on others and used to like it on me. Definitely some thinking I have to do over all this haha.

But yeah, I am regrowing 100% natural now and not going to bleach or color, except like I said very teporary stuff (veggie dyes on unbleached hair don't stay).

Thanks again
    That's great to hear!

Happy growing!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I used to have every kind of color on me ahah. I can so give my considerations.
    The best colors are cool, medium dark and not bright. For "crazy" colors, to me, dark green is the best, but also a dark blue or a violet with blue undertone. To avoid any kind of pink and red, and also purple.
    To avoid also natural color with red or golden tones. Blonde is usually too light. Now my hair is a kind of ombre with several shades of golden blonde and I find it really pretty, but it doesn't feet me at all. And the worst thing is that is too light. It seems like to make my face and my black eyes less intense.
    I loved black hair so bad, I had it for several years, I always felt it as my "safe" color. But it looks a bit too intense.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'm olive complexioned. My natural hair color is dark brown but when I was born it was cold black. As I got older in to my toddler years I lightened up to brown, and then as I got older into my adolescent years it darkened back down to dark brown, and it's been that color ever since. As I'm in my late 40's now I do dye my few gray hairs dark brown/black.