Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to henna (where to buy, what to buy, everything?!)

Length
    NL/31/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: new to henna (where to buy, what to buy, everything?!)

Following! I'm in Western Canada...BC specifically and would like to try henna for the first time since isolation due to COVID right now means more fun hair projects! The thing is, I have very dark brown hair (almost black d/t my Dad being Chinese with black hair and my Mum having medium brown hair) but the colour I love the most is fiery orange/copper/auburn/poppy red, not cherry cola and not just a tint that shows up only in sunlight. Wondering if this is at all possible without harsh chemicals/bleach as I would like to keep it natural.

Also wondering, how many of you that used henna to dye your hair red are now growing it out/prefer your natural colour? Seems like root touch-ups also might be a bit of an ordeal and I can tend to be a low-maintenance type of person.

Default Re: new to henna (where to buy, what to buy, everything?!)

This is my first time experimenting with henna as well, and I decided not to worry at all about the cost. It's so permanent, I want whatever I put on my lengths to be the right product.

I ordered from Henna Guys, and then after reading more here, ordered Nightblooming's Fire Genasi as well. I also ordered some Color Oops to use first as I have red dye in my hair.