Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling all my hair toys to loving homes

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Default Re: Selling all my hair toys to loving homes

Quote Originally Posted by triumphator! View Post
    SarahLabyrinth, Lapushka, Gaelic Girl, Hailwidis, and Nightshade -- all old friends and friendly faces, wow!!! You are all so sweet. I really appreciate your encouragement The patch I have is not *terribly* big and it doesnt seem to be spreading since this time last year... so I am hoping it is just a quirky thing I have now. I thought it was traction alopecia at first but it continued to spread a little after I cut all my hair off to my chin. I have no clue. But you can't see it when my hair is down or in a french braid. Right now I am battling sore scalp / follicles, so I am trying to be as careful as possible!! Honestly, I think its from the stress of being a lawyer haha....
    I hope it grows back in soon! If it is indeed a stress shed, it should...

I've had two stress-related shedding episodes in the last three years, although mine affected the whole of my head, not a patch. I lost about a third of my thickness to them. Stress really is a big deal if not attended to...

(Bump! )
    A lurker who loves swaps

The Bookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Residence, The Lady of the House Speaking!
    Length
    30"/38.5"/48"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by triumphator! View Post
    SarahLabyrinth, Lapushka, Gaelic Girl, Hailwidis, and Nightshade -- all old friends and friendly faces, wow!!! You are all so sweet. I really appreciate your encouragement The patch I have is not *terribly* big and it doesnt seem to be spreading since this time last year... so I am hoping it is just a quirky thing I have now. I thought it was traction alopecia at first but it continued to spread a little after I cut all my hair off to my chin. I have no clue. But you can't see it when my hair is down or in a french braid. Right now I am battling sore scalp / follicles, so I am trying to be as careful as possible!! Honestly, I think its from the stress of being a lawyer haha....
    Stress can definitely do all kinds of crazy things to our body. When my father was critically ill, I caught a terrible flu with a raging fever that lasted a week. The result was a loss of about a 1/3 in thickness! One enormous hairball the size of a tennis ball came out at once. It came back, but took years. We just have to be gentle with ourselves.

Feel better, triumphator! Grand chatting.
    Lady Tailtiu of the Emerald Moors in the Order of the Long Haired Knights // GaelStorm - My Photo Album

bumpity bump this post is updated