Thread: Bob with bangs of shame (grow-out)

Length
    11/11/13

Cool Bob with bangs of shame (grow-out)

Hi, long time lurker first time poster. I've been learning the art of cutting dying and hennaring my own hair for years, my hair right now has been through it all, black dye, bleaching multiple times, henna, colour remover, red organic dye and lately i have bleached out henna and orange shampoo. As you can imagine it is in a horrible condition! though it was actually very soft and manageable before I used the blow dryer on the heat setting last week.

This year I've made the pledge to stop cutting my hair, with the allowance being light dusting to get rid of the frays.

i'm about to use a colour oops because my hair went dark from the pool and the beach - probably a bad idea seeing as i still definitely have chlorine in my hair as i just came back from a swim. Will update.

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Bob with bangs of shame (grow-out)

Hello, my sister in hair destruction. I used Color B4 and honestly, it smelled so bad I started coughing. I had better experience with Subrina Eliminator although I am not sure if it would work on many layers of haircolour (I only used the one box and didn't buy any other product they recommended using). I think, obviously, it's not good for the hair but sometimes the hairdye is just bad.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, best wishes! Sounds like your hair has been through a lot and survived ( ;

Length
    Chin/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Hi fellow newbie! Sounds like you have pretty strong hair!! I have also pledged to not cut my hair, and just go in every 6 months for a dusting (my ends are horrifying due to dyeing it all my life). Excited to see your progress!

I've been there, Jemma! I've told myself 'One more dye-job won't matter,' or 'it's been so long since I bleached, my hair won't care.' until it did care. It was pretty angry with me as a matter of fact. I knew that because I was staring down at a sizable snapped-off portion that was staring back at me from the sink. I am pretty sure I heard it say 'well, what did you think was going to happen?' and that was possibly followed by a string of foul language...partially from my own mouth. Anyway, my hair has bounced back! So best of luck to us both. Welcome from a fellow new poster. We've got this