Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Solid Syndets / Non-soap Based Shampoo Bars (mass market)

Default Re: Solid Syndets / Non-soap Based Shampoo Bars (mass market)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia View Post
    Ooh exciting, I’ll be looking/waiting for these in the US!
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    jaw/apl+/hip
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Many thanks to KokoroDragon for redirecting me here.

I’ve had this shampoo bar sitting in the cabinet untouched for 8 months now and I doubt it’s sufficient enough to remove silicones?
    The ingredients:
    HIGHER GROUND Shampoo Bar Gentle & Calming for Sensitive Scalps:
    Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Laury| Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl
    Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Stearic Acid,
    Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Kaolin, Stearyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Parfum
    (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Inulin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Guar
    Hydroxypropytrimonium Chloride, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Panthenol,
    Dehydroacetic Acid, Aqua (Water), Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Eremophila
    Longifolia Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl
    Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate.
    //I highly doubt it does since there are no sulphates present. Any other possible uses for this bar to not go wasted?

Quote Originally Posted by milteu View Post
    Many thanks to KokoroDragon for redirecting me here.

I’ve had this shampoo bar sitting in the cabinet untouched for 8 months now and I doubt it’s sufficient enough to remove silicones?
    The ingredients:
    HIGHER GROUND Shampoo Bar Gentle & Calming for Sensitive Scalps:
    Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Laury| Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl
    Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Stearic Acid,
    Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Kaolin, Stearyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Parfum
    (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Inulin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Guar
    Hydroxypropytrimonium Chloride, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Panthenol,
    Dehydroacetic Acid, Aqua (Water), Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Eremophila
    Longifolia Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl
    Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate.
    //I highly doubt it does since there are no sulphates present. Any other possible uses for this bar to not go wasted?
    I find Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate to be a very gentle foaming cleanser. This is the cleansing agent in my bars, I am unfamiliar with the second ingredient…

There are a few butters and oils in the bar that may contribute to buildup if that’s a problem for your hair, apart from concern of additional buildup from other products.

Someone else hopefully has more insight! May I ask, why has it been sitting by the side for so long? Did you try it to see if it cleanses enough for your hair?

I use gentle shampoo bars for shaving body hair and face washing (but my skin is really not picky about anything), one of my nephews enjoyed using one as body soap.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    jaw/apl+/hip
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    May I ask, why has it been sitting by the side for so long? Did you try it to see if it cleanses enough for your hair?
    I was gifted it in February and since then I had no idea how to use it. I haven’t tried it yet

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    I use gentle shampoo bars for shaving body hair and face washing (but my skin is really not picky about anything), one of my nephews enjoyed using one as body soap.
    Yeah, the butters are sort of putting me off that certain bar. I wash once a week, so I need a more clarifying type of wash. Thanks a ton for the suggestions, the body shaving method will deffo be in my next shower!

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've tried a shampoo bar by Garnier Whole Blends (Coconut and Aloe Vera for normal hair). I really like the shape, the smell and the way it foamed up like crazy. Curiously it feels very much like the shampoo bars I bought from Yves Rocher, except it's only $5 Cdn. My hair feels very clean and fluffy and smells expensive after using it. My true love is still with real soap (shampoo) bars, but I think I'll definitely use this bar for traveling to area with hard water.
    Last edited by sapphire-o; March 20th, 2023 at 05:03 AM.

Length
    ???/27.7/39.3
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Probably not super interesting for a lot of people here, but I was so happy to find a Rosenrot Shampoo Bit in the wild. Different kinds actually, just casually lying there in the shop. Oh the joy of living in the big city again. ^^

In case anyone wants to try new things: I absolutely love the ones from Faith In Nature from the UK.
    I am highly sensitive to fragrance and even though they're scented they don't trigger my migraines and they lather well, make the hair very soft and shiny (oily scalp, low por, indecicive hair structure - I shampoo twice). Currently using the Lavender & Geranium one, which reminds me of oldschool drugstore handsoap.

I really want to try out their conditioner bars too, but need to use up my stash right now.

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have tried soap based bars in the past and my hair did not agree with them. I recently got a sample set of Nightblooming's shampoo and conditioner and they worked amazing in my hair, but I am allergic to cedar which is one of the EO's in the bars so I am trying to find something similar now that doesn't have cedar.

I stumbled across this company that is actually local to me, their bars seem to fall into this category and I am really considering trying them out. Particularly the "Soothe" bars, as the "Let it Grow" ones have the cedar.

https://elkriversoapcompany.com/collections/hair

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I want to give an update on the Garnier shampoo bars. They work and smell great. My hair was clean and soft. There's just one weird problem. After use it developed small cracks all over it. It's OK at first but when the bar got smaller the cracks got bigger like a dried up lake bed. Eventually chunks of it would break and fall off during use. I have to say this is a first for me and I've been using various shampoo bars for years. The other brands just get smaller. Never had one that just fell to pieces like that.

Length
    CBL/BSL/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

For those of you who are interested in trying anything from Ethique, they have a 20% off sale on their gift and sample packs running until 12/12, as well as free shipping.

I've tried quite a few of their bars, and most of them have been great or fine. (Two little samples were faulty, and I need to email them but I'm putting it off.) I've especially liked the curliosity condioner. Every shampoo I've tired from them makes my hair feel a bit waxy in the shower, but it dries insanely soft.

(I'm really very bad about taking notes on my hair routines, so take with a grain of salt for sure!)

If you aren't sure now, they seem to do sales regularly.

(Also I checked the rules and I'm pretty sure this is fine? It seemed more relevant here than in the sales thread, but mods please intervene as necessary.)