Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Solid Syndets / Non-soap Based Shampoo Bars (mass market)

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Solid Syndets / Non-soap Based Shampoo Bars (mass market)

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    So I just visited the Garnier website and discovered that they have released 4 shampoo bars under the Whole Blends lines. $7.49 for 2oz. Honey Treasures, Coco + Aloe Vera, Oat Delicacy, and Ginger Recovery. Coco is listed as Sulfate free.
    Thank you for posting this, The-Young-Maid. I think it's great that major companies are getting on board the solid shampoo and conditioner train.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    BSL/BCL/36?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I've been using the Ethique shampoo and conditioner bars for a while now and I really like them! The pink shampoo bar they have is just great, and I figure that it'll take me a long time to go through the conditioner bar! So, I went and bought the purple shampoo bar they have? Bad idea! I don't know why, but I guess it makes some people's hair really greasy and it did it to mine, too. I only used it maybe a few times. It made my hair feel coated with something. Only now, my hair gets greasy a day or two faster than it was and I'm not sure how to fix that. (Clarifying shampoo and deep conditioner didn't work, neither did acv rinse.) My next experiment went much better! I got the Garnier Aloe Vera Sulfate and Silicone free shampoo bar. It makes a lot more later than Ethique, smells nice, and makes my hair soft. I used it as my 2nd shampoo this morning and I got almost more lather than with ordinary liquid shampoo! Fun!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerness View Post
    I've been using the Ethique shampoo and conditioner bars for a while now and I really like them! The pink shampoo bar they have is just great, and I figure that it'll take me a long time to go through the conditioner bar! So, I went and bought the purple shampoo bar they have? Bad idea! I don't know why, but I guess it makes some people's hair really greasy and it did it to mine, too. I only used it maybe a few times. It made my hair feel coated with something. Only now, my hair gets greasy a day or two faster than it was and I'm not sure how to fix that. (Clarifying shampoo and deep conditioner didn't work, neither did acv rinse.) My next experiment went much better! I got the Garnier Aloe Vera Sulfate and Silicone free shampoo bar. It makes a lot more later than Ethique, smells nice, and makes my hair soft. I used it as my 2nd shampoo this morning and I got almost more lather than with ordinary liquid shampoo! Fun!
    Thank you for sharing your reviews, Flowerness!

I'm still alternating Viori shampoo and conditioner bars with liquid products. I really like them.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    So I just visited the Garnier website and discovered that they have released 4 shampoo bars under the Whole Blends lines. $7.49 for 2oz. Honey Treasures, Coco + Aloe Vera, Oat Delicacy, and Ginger Recovery. Coco is listed as Sulfate free.
    I bought the Oat Delicacy shampoo bar and tested it for about a month. I wash daily, as I have a rather oily scalp. It cleanses well and my scalp didn't itch afterwards (I have eczema...). I however didn't like the bar as it leaves a film on my hair that I couldn't rinse of and made my hair "clump" together very badly and it felt coated with product - I needed to wash with another shampoo the entire length to get the product buildup out.
    I have stopped using it on my hair and will use it up as a body wash. But it might work for people who don't wash as often and who look for bundling, maybe curlies will like the effect better than I did.
    It is heavily scented and the smell is lasting for a good while. It wasn't unpleasant to me, but if you dislike strong scents, I wouldn't recommend it.
    At true tailbone!

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I learned that Viori belongs in this thread - I would like to say it is absolutely amazing. I tried some other shampoo/conditioner bars and they left my hair too heavy and with residue. I was going to give up on them when my sister and some friends recommended Viori. My hair is soft and clean now, and it rivals when I was using regular conditioner with silicones at some point.

I was also struggling with scalp dandruff and washing twice a week with Viori handles that. I used to put tea tree oil on my scalp and oil it overnight occasionally, and I don't do any of that now. My routine is much simpler - just wash with shampoo on the scalp, run the conditioner bar from the neck down, and then run my fingers through all of my hair to spread the conditioner, detangle, rinse, and dry. I don't put curl gel or anything on afterward anymore.

Their bamboo holding containers and also very practical. I stack three of them to keep soap for my body/face in the top, shampoo second, and conditioner third in a contained little tower.

Finally, I appreciate how eco-friendly their product and packaging is. And their packaging is beautiful.

I'm not a raving fan about many brands but I think Viori has made that list.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm glad that this thread resurfaced again. I've been using a couple solid shampoo bars from Yves Rocher. They worked very nicely and made my hair clean and soft. The bars are a bit small at only 2.1 oz for $10 cdn, but they lather so well you don't have to use a lot. I think I can get at least 20 uses out of each one. They come in little cute cardboard boxes. The only thing I didn't like was they're perfectly round, not my favorite shape for a soap bar in the shower.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by elise.autumn View Post
    I learned that Viori belongs in this thread - I would like to say it is absolutely amazing. I tried some other shampoo/conditioner bars and they left my hair too heavy and with residue. I was going to give up on them when my sister and some friends recommended Viori. My hair is soft and clean now, and it rivals when I was using regular conditioner with silicones at some point.

I was also struggling with scalp dandruff and washing twice a week with Viori handles that. I used to put tea tree oil on my scalp and oil it overnight occasionally, and I don't do any of that now. My routine is much simpler - just wash with shampoo on the scalp, run the conditioner bar from the neck down, and then run my fingers through all of my hair to spread the conditioner, detangle, rinse, and dry. I don't put curl gel or anything on afterward anymore.

Their bamboo holding containers and also very practical. I stack three of them to keep soap for my body/face in the top, shampoo second, and conditioner third in a contained little tower.

Finally, I appreciate how eco-friendly their product and packaging is. And their packaging is beautiful.

I'm not a raving fan about many brands but I think Viori has made that list.
    Hi elise.autumn! Been a minute since I’ve seen your name around here.

What’s your fav flavor of Viori?
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Hi elise.autumn! Been a minute since I’ve seen your name around here.

What’s your fav flavor of Viori?
    Thank you I'm making an effort to check more regularly and actually post - I like this community a lot.

I've tried the citrus one so far! I tend to like anything citrus and it makes me happy.

It also says it's good normal to oily hair, and for as long as I can remember I do sometimes have problems with dandruff. (I suspect proper dandruff, not just dry scalp.) That's why I wash at least twice a week instead of stretching longer - my scalp starts to hurt a bit and get dandruff. So far it seems to be doing fine with Viori, without anything else to help with that, which is most excellent. I suspect since the shampoo suds, it helps clean more thoroughly.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Arrow Re: Solid Syndets / Non-soap Based Shampoo Bars (mass market)

Ooh! I’m so happy to see such a comprehensive list of options. I have been experimenting with these type of shampoo bars for a few years…. Lots if success with Etsy purchases, but landed on Love, Beauty Planet 2-in-1, glad it made the list! I have one in the shower and two back ups in the cabinet! I guess this one is my HG because I can get it for $5 or less, it’s the largest i’ve found at 4 oz, the heart shape makes for easy holding when wet and easy to tell apart from my many other bars, the smell is fresh and pleasant, and the sodium cocoyl isethionate/ sodium isethionate is a great bubbler and gentle for my daily bangs washing and spreads easily for a full scalp wash

Downsides, I do use a liquid clarifying shampoo about once every week or 2, as I need stronger cleansing occasionally, and my hands are sometimes sore from overuse/life, and gripping the bar isn’t an option so if I am in pain I use the liquid soap but that is no fault to this bar specifically.

I have some more bars to look into now, though I have a while to go through my current stash, since they last a long time.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

New shampoo bars in Europe from P&G (Head & Shoulders, Pantene, Herbal Essences, and Aussie):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CejAtmXu...f-48ff317662e6

https://www.instagram.com/p/CexhzHZMFi3/

https://www.happi.com/contents/view_...et=listSection