Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Solid Syndets / Non-soap Based Shampoo Bars (mass market)

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Solid Syndets / Non-soap Based Shampoo Bars (mass market)

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    BSL/WL/CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

My review for Viori's Citrus Yao Shamboo Bar:

*Smell: First thoughts when opening the packaging was how highly aromatic it was. The citrus scent is very powerful and sweet, personally I do not mind highly fragrant products but if you are sensitive to smells then I wouldn't recommend it. Even after washing and allowing my hair to air dry the scent lingers on my hair pleasantly.

*Lather: It lathers very well but you must rub the bar directly on your hair to get the soapy lather you need. This was my first time using a shampoo bar so it took a minute to use it correctly but once the lather began it was very easy. I enjoyed how pleasantly slippery it made my hair unlike other shampoos that make my hair tangle-y because of how stripping it is.

*Conditioner: I did not use the Viori Conditioner Bar so I cannot review its full benefits or whether it would make a difference in my hair. However I did use Mane N' Tail's moisturizing conditioner on the very ends of my hair just for extra moisture.

*Results: After allowing my hair to dry overnight I can say that my hair is very shiny and soft. Usually I would wait to use a product a couple of times before reviewing but I feel like this is compelling enough to write after one use. My hair feels extremely moisturized, even on the scalp and hair that did not get conditioner. I am entertaining the thought of buying a conditioner bar just so I can see the bull benefits on my hair. My most happy result was how well my hair was detangled after using. I did not even brush my hair before washing(Upside down in a bucket, for that matter!!) and my hair was pleasantly easy to detangle with my Michelle Mercier brush. Overall I would recommend this to at least try, especially if you are in the U.S. or Canada since they offer free shipping. You may also use the code TRY$9 and get it for $9 USD. Of course only more uses of this product will determine if it is a new staple in my routine but I think it is worth the try!
    Last edited by Brittny; April 12th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    It's lovely to see you, Willowyn!

How disappointing that 100 Senses shampoo bar didn't work for you.

Whole Foods carries a couple of HiBar's products. After reading your experience, I am really tempted to try them. Do you find that the conditioner detangles well?
    Hi Neoma! Sorry to take so long to reply. Yes, I do find that the conditioner detangles really well. I use a wet brush in the shower, and there was plenty of slip. It takes a while to apply it, which is not the case with the shampoo. I'm using up the shampoo faster than the conditioner, but that's OK.
    Oh, bonus: The bathtub doesn't get slippery as it did when I was using liquid conditioner.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Willowyn View Post
    Hi Neoma! Sorry to take so long to reply. Yes, I do find that the conditioner detangles really well. I use a wet brush in the shower, and there was plenty of slip. It takes a while to apply it, which is not the case with the shampoo. I'm using up the shampoo faster than the conditioner, but that's OK.
    Oh, bonus: The bathtub doesn't get slippery as it did when I was using liquid conditioner.
    Hi Willowyn

No problem!

Thank you for the review.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Thank you for the suggestions, Dacia! Have you tried any of them?

Not available yet in my country, but I'm tempted to get the purifying one from L'Occitane once it hits the stores, hope is just as fresh as its liquid version.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia View Post
    Not available yet in my country, but I'm tempted to get the purifying one from L'Occitane once it hits the stores, hope is just as fresh as its liquid version.
    Thank you, Dacia!

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Brittny View Post
    My review for Viori's Citrus Yao Shamboo Bar:

*Smell: First thoughts when opening the packaging was how highly aromatic it was. The citrus scent is very powerful and sweet, personally I do not mind highly fragrant products but if you are sensitive to smells then I wouldn't recommend it. Even after washing and allowing my hair to air dry the scent lingers on my hair pleasantly.

*Lather: It lathers very well but you must rub the bar directly on your hair to get the soapy lather you need. This was my first time using a shampoo bar so it took a minute to use it correctly but once the lather began it was very easy. I enjoyed how pleasantly slippery it made my hair unlike other shampoos that make my hair tangle-y because of how stripping it is.

*Conditioner: I did not use the Viori Conditioner Bar so I cannot review its full benefits or whether it would make a difference in my hair. However I did use Mane N' Tail's moisturizing conditioner on the very ends of my hair just for extra moisture.

*Results: After allowing my hair to dry overnight I can say that my hair is very shiny and soft. Usually I would wait to use a product a couple of times before reviewing but I feel like this is compelling enough to write after one use. My hair feels extremely moisturized, even on the scalp and hair that did not get conditioner. I am entertaining the thought of buying a conditioner bar just so I can see the bull benefits on my hair. My most happy result was how well my hair was detangled after using. I did not even brush my hair before washing(Upside down in a bucket, for that matter!!) and my hair was pleasantly easy to detangle with my Michelle Mercier brush. Overall I would recommend this to at least try, especially if you are in the U.S. or Canada since they offer free shipping. You may also use the code TRY$9 and get it for $9 USD. Of course only more uses of this product will determine if it is a new staple in my routine but I think it is worth the try!
    Argh! You got me! I’m a sucker for a “try it” discount code.

I got a hair product sampler pack from ethique a month or so ago. I am a longtime now-lurking member with short hair nowadays. I like the products ok- the shampoo bars work well, and the conditioners work better than expected (though they leave my hair so light it looks crazy, especially my grays)... but none of it smells good to me. My hair stays clean-feeling probably a day longer than it did before, surprisingly, but the scents just aren’t particularly strong or pleasant. My hair smells “clean” with no other scent. I don’t wear a lot of scented product, so I like for at least my conditioner at least to smell nice. I’ve got little kids so uninterrupted time in the shower is a special luxury for me, ha ha. I want to enjoy it.

I was being strong and not being enabled to buy viori until I’d used up some product, but I have been highly intrigued. The other question for me is that I see it has protein in it- my hair likes sparing protein (like once a week max) but gets dry and tangly used every wash. So I’m going to try out the citrus shampoo bar and see how my hair fairs.

Thank you for the code!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chloeishere View Post
    Argh! You got me! I’m a sucker for a “try it” discount code.

I got a hair product sampler pack from ethique a month or so ago. I am a longtime now-lurking member with short hair nowadays. I like the products ok- the shampoo bars work well, and the conditioners work better than expected (though they leave my hair so light it looks crazy, especially my grays)... but none of it smells good to me. My hair stays clean-feeling probably a day longer than it did before, surprisingly, but the scents just aren’t particularly strong or pleasant. My hair smells “clean” with no other scent. I don’t wear a lot of scented product, so I like for at least my conditioner at least to smell nice. I’ve got little kids so uninterrupted time in the shower is a special luxury for me, ha ha. I want to enjoy it.

I was being strong and not being enabled to buy viori until I’d used up some product, but I have been highly intrigued. The other question for me is that I see it has protein in it- my hair likes sparing protein (like once a week max) but gets dry and tangly used every wash. So I’m going to try out the citrus shampoo bar and see how my hair fairs.

Thank you for the code!
    I hope that you like the Viori products!

Thank you for your review on ethique, chloeishere.