Thread: Long time long hair owner, newbie at doing anything with it

Length
    42/46/51/56
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

Default Long time long hair owner, newbie at doing anything with it

Hello!! I've known of this forum for a very long time but I'm only just joining now.

I've had long hair nearly all my life but I always wore it loose and occasionally in single English braid, mainly because I didn't know what to do with it since I could never get it up even after following tutorials. Now that I've finally worked out how to do the nautilus, I am hungry for more and thought this place would be a good spot to start.

I am also in need of some pretty things to stick in my hair so any recommendations are welcome, especially from Australians! Us Aussies never seem to be able to get anything nice

My hair is stick straight, silky (everything slides out which is part of the reason why I could never get it up) and kind of thick. It's getting drier as I age, probably because I no longer have as many raging hormones in my system I used to not have to condition my hair, even at hip length when I was a teenager but it did mean I had to wash it every 2nd day because of the oil. Now I can stretch it to 5 days but need to condition from the waist down. Currently sitting at 37in/94cm (just shy of classic)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Long time long hair owner, newbie at doing anything with it

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you! I could have written your post myself, LOL. . . I've had hair somewhere between waist and thigh since childhood, but darned if I know what to do with it. I'm learning here (slowly!).