Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Korean shampoo & conditioner

Length
    SL/BSL/?TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Default Korean shampoo & conditioner

I hope I'm not duplicating an existing thread but I couldn't find any specifically on Korean hair products.

I recently found that my super irritable scalp really likes the herbal extracts & formulations of Korean shampoo - my current fave is Daeng Gi Meo Ri Jingi Vitalizing Shampoo, which purports to be formulated for sensitive scalps with dandruff (which fits me to a T). It's not as 'tingly' as some other K-poos I've tried, but your scalp still feels really cleansed without being stripped. My wife, who has very different hair (2b/c, coarse, super prone to frizz) also loves it. Win!

That being said, I'm wary of cones (especially for her hair) and as far as I can tell, every Korean conditioner is packed full of them. There were two discontinued conditioners (one by Daeng Gi Meo Ri and another by Innisfree) that each were 'cone-free, but I haven't been able to find any others. Finding full product ingredients on the ever-changing Korean lineup is fun, too... For now, I'm using a coney Korean camellia conditioner on my damaged ends, but I'm conscious of wanting to wean off this as I grow out the damaged (bleached) length.

Do any of you use Korean brands? What are your faves and why? Do you know of any Korean cone-free conditioners?

Edit: Actually, today Google has been kinder to me! In case anyone is looking, I can confirm that at the moment the following conditioners are cone-free:

1) LG - Dr.Groot Ryo/anti hair loss/sensitive scalp conditioner - note this is the range in the brown bottles only, look for the orange 'conditioner' mark on the bottom part of the label. There's only one conditioner in this range, and it's cone-free.

2) Daeng Gi Meo Ri - Dlae Soo Pure Hair Loss Care Treatment + Nourishing Pack - 'treatment' = conditioner, 'nourishing pack' = mask or heavier conditioner, depending on your needs; only the 'Pure' range from DGMR is cone-free!

3) Innisfree - Green Tea Fresh, rebranded as Green Tea Mint conditioner - all other Innisfree conditioners have cones.

4) ReEn - Boyangjin Anti Hair Loss conditioner - seems sort of hard to find, which makes me wonder if the name was transliterated correctly...

5) LG - Yungo Hair Cleansing Treatment - a cowash!
    Last edited by LoneStarfruit; February 17th, 2020 at 06:16 AM. Reason: added a few products
    שלום עליכם & blessed be!
    your local queer jewitch, living with EBS, cPTSD, hypothyroid, ADD, & MDD, one day at a time.
    on the good hair journey with my wife & our two persian cats.

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: Korean shampoo & conditioner

Interesting thread. I've been looking at Korean and Japanese hair products on Amazon but never seriously considered buying any. Where do you purchase yours from? Neither my Korean or Japanese is strong enough to read bottles lol But I should learn hair related words at some point. This is a good excuse.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    SL/BSL/?TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    Interesting thread. I've been looking at Korean and Japanese hair products on Amazon but never seriously considered buying any. Where do you purchase yours from? Neither my Korean or Japanese is strong enough to read bottles lol But I should learn hair related words at some point. This is a good excuse.
    I mostly buy them on Amazon, though sometimes if it's something specific, I'll order them from Korea on eBay, too. Daeng Gi Meo Ri usually has a broad range on Amazon for relatively good prices; they're a nice brand to start with if you're new to K-beauty as there's sort of something for everybody. In terms of Japanese brands, I've found them a bit more drying (and the conditioners mostly useless) but Tsubaki, Shiseido, and Oshima are all major brands that are well-liked.
    שלום עליכם & blessed be!
    your local queer jewitch, living with EBS, cPTSD, hypothyroid, ADD, & MDD, one day at a time.
    on the good hair journey with my wife & our two persian cats.

Banned
    Length
    8/11/13
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Interesting thread. I've been looking at Korean and Japanese hair, products on Amazon but never seriously considered buying any. Where do you purchase yours from? Neither my Korean or Japanese is strong enough to read bottles lol But I should learn hair related words at some point. This is a good excuse.
    In India mamaearth's happy head shampoo infused with the goodness of Korean Red Ginseng and Milk Protein which easily gets absorbed in the scalp and prevents hair loss strengthens hair roots.

Banned
    Length
    8/11/13
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Interesting thread. I've been looking at Korean and Japanese hair, products on Amazon but never seriously considered buying any. Where do you purchase yours from? Neither my Korean or Japanese is strong enough to read bottles lol But I should learn hair related words at some point. This is a good excuse.
    In India mamaearth's happy head shampoo infused with the goodness of Korean Red Ginseng and Milk Protein which easily gets absorbed in the scalp and prevents hair loss strengthens hair roots.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

iherb.com carries some Korean brands now, I’ve noticed. The ones they have look like they might be too heavy for my hair, though. I’ve used Kracie peach in the past. The conditioner was good, the shampoo a little too creamy for me. But I’ve purchased the body washes recently from iherb, and like those.

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Heads up, I was looking at LG - Yungo Hair Cleansing Treatment and it has both SLES and Dimethicone so it’s not cgm approved according to this website

Length
    16/26/36
    Type
    2a/F/i

I love Korean cosmetics, especially because I can find free of <insert_ingredient_here> and they are reasonably priced but I've never tried hair products. I stockpiled a limited-edition shampoo bar from LUSH, no idea what I'll use when those are over.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I bought the "Nature Republic Argan Essential Deep Care Hair Pack" (250g) from Amazon. After my very good experiences with korean beauty products I was eager to try hair care too.
    This mask was the only reasonable priced hair product available in my country at the time of purchase, otherwise I would have bought a shampoo or a conditioner because I already have too many hair masks at home (a far too wide range from Garnier to Kérastase). But it turns out the mask is amazing! I have to say that this one is now my favourite by now.
    Sure, it is full of cones but I don't mind. The results are great. Shiny, sleek hair which feels very soft and smells amazing. The texture of the mask is wax-like, far more firm than any of my other masks which makes it easier to apply at least for me.
    I just wanted to add that due to multiple bleachings and chemical dyes in the past two years my hair is very dry and heavily damaged.

Sylverwing, Keeper of the Moonwells in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1a/M/iii

I love Korean shampoos I used to shed a lot, to the point where hair loss was starting to be a concern. Not sure if coincidence or just me stopping box dyes, but ever since I switched to a Korean shampoo some years ago my hair became way thicker. I now use Grafen's Hinoki shampoo, it's really good for oily scalps in my opinion and silicone-free. They also have formulations for other scalp types, but I haven't tried it before.

I feel like cone-free Korean conditioners are quite hard to come by. Perhaps you could look into The Face Shop? I know their deep clean cooling conditioner at least is cone-free, but I've never tried it myself.