Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun article about the inventor of Invisibobble

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Fun article about the inventor of Invisibobble

http://'I reinvented the hair tie fr...iness-51309340

I just thought I’d share this with everybody! Invisibobbles are those hair ties that look like spiral phone cord that are pretty hair friendly.

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Fun article about the inventor of Invisibobble

The link broke for me, but I googled all of the key words I found and got it
    In case anyone else is having the same problem, here is where I'm able to read it.
    Assuming I've got this right

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Oh man, I feel bad because I got mine from scunci. If I realized invisibobble was trying to be a sustainable company I would have put my money over there instead.
    Just trying to get by

Interesting....

But I have found a few brands on Amazon that are high quality, last long without the need to reshape, come in a greater variety of colors, and sizes.....and at a fraction of their cost.

I have no plans to buy this brand.
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; February 18th, 2020 at 02:10 PM.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I didn't know the founders were (well, are) so young! It makes me appreciate them even more.
    I like Invisibobble better than any other telephone cord tie I've tried these years. Better grip, they usually outlive all the others. And the colors are very nice!
    As every good magpie, I have a weak spot for the chrome ones.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    CBL/32"/32"
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    I didn't know the founders were (well, are) so young! It makes me appreciate them even more.
    I like Invisibobble better than any other telephone cord tie I've tried these years. Better grip, they usually outlive all the others. And the colors are very nice!
    As every good magpie, I have a weak spot for the chrome ones.
    I have found this to be true as well. My original 3 invisibobble I got in 2015 (maybe 2014) outlive all the off brand ones I get gifted for the holidays each year. I keep them in a jar so they get used at random. I had no idea about the backstory! That's awesome.

eta: I went to their website for the first time and now they have bobby pins?? I need to try these immediately

eta2: and now I just saw the 'Bunstar'! Adding that to the list... https://www.invisibobble.com/bunstar/
    Last edited by Rowdy; February 16th, 2020 at 11:50 PM.
    *Last box dye - 12/2013, Last highlights - 05/2014, Dyed hair gone! - 11/2018 * Goldwell Kerasilk! - 09/16, 04/17, 08/17, 06/18*

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    I have found this to be true as well. My original 3 invisibobble I got in 2015 (maybe 2014) outlive all the off brand ones I get gifted for the holidays each year. I keep them in a jar so they get used at random. I had no idea about the backstory! That's awesome.

eta: I went to their website for the first time and now they have bobby pins?? I need to try these immediately

eta2: and now I just saw the 'Bunstar'! Adding that to the list... https://www.invisibobble.com/bunstar/
    The Bobby pins aren't bad, definitively gentler than metal Bobby pins... but the material Is plain rigid plastic, not gummy cord. They can't hold more than an amount of hair and eventually break if forced to hold more.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Now I feel happy for choosing Invisibobbles over cheaper hairties they aren't as expensive considering how long they last (I still have my very first invisibobbles I got in March 2015, good as new), plus I try to get them on sales. I really respect the founder's ethics and message. I'd happily pay a bit more knowing that no worker from a third-world country was exploited to make it.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post

Oohhhhhh, that's clever! I like the inner and outer rings to grip the bun and scalp hair respectively.

I have a few knock-off invisibobbles, but I've been meaning to get some real ones because although these hold great, they've lost shape pretty quickly. And I don't know if these are recyclable like the originals are.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I almost never shop beyond Lidl or Aldi (sometimes Colruyt (your version of CostCo)). So everything hair I get from there, and yes I got knock-offs. They are fine!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)