Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fun article about the inventor of Invisibobble

Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Fun article about the inventor of Invisibobble

Quote Originally Posted by unheardletters View Post
    I have a few invisibobbles, but they can get horribly tangled around in my hair so badly that they sometimes need to be cut out. I don’t wear them anymore.
    Same here. Mine matted my hair so bad I almost had to cut it! Luckily my MIL somehow cut the invisibobble out and somehow detangled my hair gently. Never again.

Length
    CBL/32"/32"
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

Looks good SleepyTangles ! Were they difficult to use? I mainly use an invisibobble base and a 2 prong fork to bun so a bit different than I am used to fiddling with.

I got a pack of the Waver pins and so far they are working much better for me than bobby pins! With a middle part I used one on each side to pin the hair from just below the temples up to half way between the ear and crown. I even pulled the hair so it wasn't flat against my head and it survived a dog walk (mad dash really) with no pulling, sagging or pain. I'll see if they last the rest of the day

I had no idea about the tangling issues with the hair ties, I can't say I have ever experienced that. But I also have never had tangling with regular hair ties even as a kid. Things falling out or getting ejected from my hair is my main problem...
    Last edited by Rowdy; February 22nd, 2020 at 02:29 PM.
    *Last box dye - 12/2013, Last highlights - 05/2014, Dyed hair gone! - 11/2018 * Goldwell Kerasilk! - 09/16, 04/17, 08/17, 06/18*

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    Looks good SleepyTangles ! Were they difficult to use? I mainly use an invisibobble base and a 2 prong fork to bun so a bit different than I am used to fiddling with.

I got a pack of the Waver pins and so far they are working much better for me than bobby pins! With a middle part I used one on each side to pin the hair from just below the temples up to half way between the ear and crown. I even pulled the hair so it wasn't flat against my head and it survived a dog walk (mad dash really) with no pulling, sagging or pain. I'll see if they last the rest of the day

I had no idea about the tangling issues with the hair ties, I can't say I have ever experienced that. But I also have never had tangling with regular hair ties even as a kid. Things falling out or getting ejected from my hair is my main problem...
    I definitively need to grow my hair enough to "coil" the tail under the first loop. Right now I can just form a "U", so the bun stays open and unfolds (unless I add a pin, or something). But it felt rather promising, so Ill keep playing with it
    The plastic is slightly brushed, so its not overly slippery.
    Yeah, me too: my hair is very slippery, never had hair tangling around an elastic.
    Pixie!- Shingle - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder...