Thread: Standard newbie intro thread :)

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Standard newbie intro thread :)

Hi all— I’ve lurked around here for a few years and gleaned many a gem from the board, so first let me say thank you to everyone past and present!

Here’s a bit about my hair:
    •an inch or two shy of WL
    •just got a fairly blunt trim for the first time in 2+ years on the full moon last Sunday
    •mostly virgin (dye-free) except for the last 6 inches or so (blends well thank goodness, so it’s hard to tell) darkest brown/blackish plus more and more sparklers every day haha
    •before my last trim it was the longest it’s ever been, all due to benign neglect after becoming a mom 🙃
    •I’d been following a mostly CG routine (with sulfate free shampoos, some co-washing) for a few years, but once my hair got towards it’s longer length, and especially this winter, I’ve been playing with adding ‘cones back in, to great effect!

My current (winter— dry air) rotating routine, I’m a once a week washer:
    •Giovanni 2Chic Ultra Sleek shampoo, Long Hair Don’t Care conditioner to detangle, Giovanni Smooth As Silk conditioner for squish to condish/leave in
    •As I Am Growash to cowash and detangle, Garnier Whole Blends Honey Treasures conditioner to squish to condish and rinse out
    •I also use a ‘coney serum throughout the week on ends and flyaway temple hairs
    •I found this great collagen/coconut oil/purple leave-in spray at Marshall’s that was a total impulse buy, but I’m loving it to tone down the slight brassiness in my color processed ends and add some moisture; I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to find it again, but it’s by “luxureal beauty”

I don’t clarify/DC often but when I do:
    •Suave Wild Cherry Blossom shampoo to clarify, Ecoslay Banana Cream deep conditioner (wrapped in plastic and heat processed, fully rinsed out,) GSAS for STC/leave in

My goals:
    •to protect my new fresh ends after my most recent trim
    •Frida Kahlo hair!
    •learn some new bun styles to stave off boredom

That’s about it! I’m so glad to be in a place that’s all about the longhairs, as it’s been a learning curve. Many of the things that worked above BSL no longer work, so I’m looking forward to learning more from the experts.

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Standard newbie intro thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Hi all— I’ve lurked around here for a few years and gleaned many a gem from the board, so first let me say thank you to everyone past and present!

Here’s a bit about my hair:
    •an inch or two shy of WL
    •just got a fairly blunt trim for the first time in 2+ years on the full moon last Sunday
    •mostly virgin (dye-free) except for the last 6 inches or so (blends well thank goodness, so it’s hard to tell) darkest brown/blackish plus more and more sparklers every day haha
    •before my last trim it was the longest it’s ever been, all due to benign neglect after becoming a mom ��
    •I’d been following a mostly CG routine (with sulfate free shampoos, some co-washing) for a few years, but once my hair got towards it’s longer length, and especially this winter, I’ve been playing with adding ‘cones back in, to great effect!

My current (winter— dry air) rotating routine, I’m a once a week washer:
    •Giovanni 2Chic Ultra Sleek shampoo, Long Hair Don’t Care conditioner to detangle, Giovanni Smooth As Silk conditioner for squish to condish/leave in
    •As I Am Growash to cowash and detangle, Garnier Whole Blends Honey Treasures conditioner to squish to condish and rinse out
    •I also use a ‘coney serum throughout the week on ends and flyaway temple hairs
    •I found this great collagen/coconut oil/purple leave-in spray at Marshall’s that was a total impulse buy, but I’m loving it to tone down the slight brassiness in my color processed ends and add some moisture; I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to find it again, but it’s by “luxureal beauty”

I don’t clarify/DC often but when I do:
    •Suave Wild Cherry Blossom shampoo to clarify, Ecoslay Banana Cream deep conditioner (wrapped in plastic and heat processed, fully rinsed out,) GSAS for STC/leave in

My goals:
    •to protect my new fresh ends after my most recent trim
    •Frida Kahlo hair!
    •learn some new bun styles to stave off boredom

That’s about it! I’m so glad to be in a place that’s all about the longhairs, as it’s been a learning curve. Many of the things that worked above BSL no longer work, so I’m looking forward to learning more from the experts.
    Welcome!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!

You sound very knowledgeable about your hair already! That's awesome!!!
    Happy growing!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome to the forum
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???

Welcome to the forum! It’s a happy place to hang out while our hair is growing 😃🌼💐
    I’m finally checking the ONE and only item off my bucket list! Longer hair than a pixie! Now I’m creeping to waist and can’t believe it!!! Growing til I retire...and probably after.... 🤗

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!! ❤️

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, good to meet you! "Sparklers," what a charming term for 'em ( :