Thread: Old lurker but finally activated this account

Default Old lurker but finally activated this account

I always wind up on this site, no other forum I've seen has such extensive knowledge of hair herbs. But I've never posted before.

I had an accident this week where I combined amla oil (and a few other oils) with ziziphus which is supposed to have no color, on my bleach blonde hair... And now I have blue streaks that looks like what indigo gives on blonde hair and they won't come out so I'm panicking.

About my hair journey: I used to have bellybutton length hair, but I shaved my head in August 2018 to get all the henna and indigo off because I really wanted bleach blonde hair.. which now makes it kinda cruel I may have accidentally hit some weird combo to get the permanent blue dingy streaks now that my hair is down to my collarbone.

I originally had went to a natural beauty subreddit thinking they'd have answers but they didn't even know what hair herbs were, and I was like, hey, why am I here? I should just head over to LHC and search the knowledge. And then while here I realized I'd like to be more active here in general because it's a great little community.

So that was a longwinded hi! Btw I love seeing all of your long hair pics, it's super inspirational.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Old lurker but finally activated this account

Welcome! I hope that you find a way to remove the unwanted color!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here! I hope you can get your hair the way you want it to be
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???

Welcome to the forum! It’s a great place to hang out! ❣️
    I’m finally checking the ONE and only item off my bucket list! Longer hair than a pixie! Now I’m creeping to waist and can’t believe it!!! Growing til I retire...and probably after.... 🤗

Length
    Jaw/31.5"/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Hi and welcome!

I'm sorry the herbal treatment left your hair stained. While I've not got experience with amla or ziziphus, I've had blue-stained hair before from direct dyes on bleached platinum blonde, and I really feel for you.

Do you have any photos of the staining? And what have you tried so far?

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy! I don't know the first thing about ziziphus, but surely someone here will. . . best wishes!

I wanted to update y'all who were so nice to respond.

I managed to get it out with a little damage by using baking soda, a bleach shampooing, and time. Unfortunately I went back and used regular cassia thinking I was in the clear. I forgot I had added cassia to the mix that caused the original problem. I didn't think it could possibly be the issue.

The green/blue spots are back. I looked it up and apparently minerals and metals in the water can react to cassia in this way. I know my area has a problem with too much lead in the water and I've been meaning to get mine tested, so I guess this is my hint.

I guess now knowing it will fade, I won't bleach it this time, I'll just keep washing and let it go and not do the cassia again. Thankfully I guess, with quarantine, I have a lot of time to work on my hair.

Hope you are all alright.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have never known cassia could actually turn green.

At this point, yes, grow it out and be patient, please, don't do anything further to the hair, thinking, maybe this time. That is how I got into so much trouble with my hair at some point (I was the one with a chemical cut & burn). So yes, you can make it worse even.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I know what you mean! I've made so many reaches for the bleach on account of that logic. I'm just using this quarantine time to rehab my hair. I might use a non-damaging fashion color over it like Manic Panic if I get bored, but no more bleach for a while. Your hair is so beautiful and long btw! I love your waves. Thanks for the advice.